Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Koni/eibach going to salvage in boston

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 04:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Koni/eibach going to salvage in boston

Hey there, sad day for me, my 2000 2.7t six speed A6 with 59k on it has been totalled by a left-turning blind-driven volvo wagon.
Amazed that its a total, it just needs a front clip, fender, hood and so many little fasteners and stuff, oh and intercooler and frame straightnend.. Well maybe it's good that it's totalled!

Here's a heads-up that some good parts are about to go into the land of salvage.

Anyway, about 15k miles ago I put on Koni sport shocks and the Eibach pro kit, along with some pretty good bridgestones.

The car is now at what was Clair Audi's body shop, now called Prime Collision, in W roxbury , 155 Rivermoor st..

Someone may want to buy the hulk or something, or at least find which salvage yard it's going to in order to nab the suspension and whatever else for their own car.
Maybe someone is really fed up with the tiptronic and wants a six speed? Now's your chance!

It is (was) black with the light tan interior. I'm gonna go cry now.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:29 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Koni/eibach going to salvage in boston

I was in Boston the other day and when I saw your post I thought that your car had beenswallowed by a pot hole!

sorry to hear about your problem. I hope you were not hurt!

Old 01-16-2008, 06:17 PM
1st Gear

Funny you say that about the pothole-
The bridgestones I put on there are actually a thicker profile than stock, just to deal with the roads here that in most cases would be smoother if they were left unpaved. I've got big ol' puffy minivan tires on my old a8..

Funny the airbags didn't go, I guess since it was hit on the corner, right on the left headlight, maybe that missed whatever sensors make them pop. I'm glad the bags didn't go, I hear that they hurt!
It mushed the intercooler and sundry wires pipes and such..

We're ok, my wife was driving, I was in the back with my four year old son.. I must have stuck my leg under the back of the front seat in an odd way when I reached across my son to protect him from glass or airbag or whatever may come with my body. He was just fine and thought the whole thing was neat. I had a little limp for a few days, my wife a mild concussion from banging into the pillar.
It was just like the cop said- you guys think you're ok now, but in a day or two you'll see- you should go to the doctor..

Old 01-19-2008, 02:13 PM
2nd Gear

Sad. I am glad you and your family are safe.

Time to buy a new Audi...right? Don't go to BMWs, as much as we love them... we still want you with Audi.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:21 PM
2nd Gear

if you know the yard its going to I am trying to swap my auto for a manual trans as crazy as that sounds ... post here and let me know

Old 01-23-2008, 10:46 AM
1st Gear

Sorry about your wreck. I got t-boned in a similar way two cars ago. But, it eventually led me to my Audi, so I guess karma came through.

I am very interested in those Koni's. Just purchased some H&R springs and was trying to decide on what shocks to go with. If you're game to ship them (I'm in Texas), and they seem to be undamaged, we may be able to work something out.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:57 AM
1st Gear

Ooops, I didn't read closely enough. So, do you have any contact info for the collision place? I guess I can give information a shot.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:13 PM
1st Gear

Sorry to have been gone from the computer for a few days-
I'll call tomorrow the body shop to see if they have any idea where the carcass ended up. Maybe the insurance can tell me if the body shop does not know.
I'd be real happy to know my tranny springs and konis were still living on..

I am still in an audi, I have a '97 A8 4.2 that I hope to have until I haul it myself to the crusher- it's only got about 70k on it now.. mmm pearl white... man I love that car..

The a6 was pretty much my wife's car once I put the proper suspension on it..
Don't hate us, but we wound up with a new mini cooper s to replace the a6.
We drove the s4, the TT and a couple of a4, but it was the mini cooper S that hit the spot. Oh yeah drove that VW Eos thing too.

Mini is BMW i know, but at least it's not butt-ugly like all the rest of the bmw linup. We bought the a6 while shopping for BMW originally in 1999, but the BMW cost so much for what seemed such old tech, plus the audi dealers were so much nicer, that's not to even mention the car.. Went in to get an S4 but the A6 2.7t was only a little more and seemed so much more car back in the 2000 model year.

IT was a funny process-
She wanted a car to reflect the higher executive status or whatever, so naturally I said newer (post 2004) A8, but we already have an a8, so then we thought small sporty car- for the city.. Thus Porsche, but we have a kid, and the porsches have no back seat. Well, the porsches that one would risk driving around in boston anyway.
So TT, which was great, but kinda pricey for what it is, and it's size was comparible to the cooper S. True the TT could be had with a v6 and quattro, but that really drives the price to the moon.

Plus the cooper S sort of sidesteps the 'status' crap, it's more of a toy like a jet ski or a motorcycle..
Maybe it will suck and we'll trade it in on the A1 or A5 when they start being available.. We only just got the cooper last night and I've driven it about one mile, but it seems to be great.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:21 AM
3rd Gear

I’m happy you guys were not hurt beyond a few bumps and bruises. When my wife was involved in an accident on Rt 2 in Leominster (a truck wiped out 300 ft of center guard rail and sent the parts into the front of our 96 A6) my 4 year old granddaughter said that it was cool because there were yellow signs flying all around the car, except for the one that hit the front and made a big bump.

A 97 with only 70K? Are you sure you didn’t leave off a one or something… LOL
My 200QT has 350K, 97 has 170K, and 96 had about 160K so you have a long way to go. Even our 06 minivan has close to 60K – so I can’t imagine a 97 with only 70K

If your want to keep it until you haul it to the crusher you can plan on at least another 100K – maybe 200K and if you really love it, it might outlive you and your son can give it to his kids. But if it doesn’t survive, it can become a donor to keep other Audis alive. They say – Don’t crush them – restore them! LOL

PS We’ll forgive you for doing the Mini thing as long as it doesn’t have the union jack painted on the roof.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:37 PM
1st Gear

Yep 70k on the a8 i need to have the timing belt replaced due to age, not miles, along with the brake lines, but that's another story.

I called my insurance and the wreck of my 2000 A6 2.7t with six speed manual is currently at a place called
Insurance Auto Auction phone number; nine seven eight, four six six, seven nine zero one. The black A6's stock number is 3832794. I don't know what town but I assume in the boston area some where..

The insurance agent said they only sell to certain businesses in the business, but at least that's a way to maybe track the hulk to nab the parts once it lands with whoever is going to part it out. Also if someone does manage to score the tranny, be certain to get the whole shifter rig too, as I had made a most exellent short shifter for the poor thing.. sniff waaaahhh... my baby...

Perhaps the auction agent can be talked into taping some contact info for potential buyers of parts onto the car so the eventual salvage buyer could have contact info.

Hey I found the web site-
if you put in the above stock number when doing a stock number search via the vehicle locator on this page,
https://www.iaai-bid.com/login.aspx
you'll see it .. worthless photo that is smaller than a stamp..

Quick Reply: Koni/eibach going to salvage in boston