Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lock, Windows and hazard lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:37 PM
1st Gear
Angry Lock, Windows and hazard lights

Hi All,

For my 2002 Audi a6, i got a new problem while fixing the other one. The driver side window was opened by the mechanic. Then it was not possible to close it. Therefore, the mechanic opened the door panel and pulled the window up. He said that motor was fine and told me that he was not able to fix the issue therefore should not open the window. I am fine with that. However, when i start my car and put it into drive mode, i get a warning message that, three doors of my car are open. (only drivers door is correctly closed). I tried to open and close all the doors, but nothing. I reset the dislay option, the message goes of. When I reach home, i remove the key from ignition, only driver's side lock opens. Normally all the doors were unlocked when i removed the key. Then I said, fine, i can manage that but, after locking the car, about 15 mins later the hazard lights are blinking. so I unlock the car and everything is fine since then, if i keep the car unlocked. can someone help me undestand what is happening? does a audi always has so many issues? i think i made a big mistake in buying one.

Can some one guide me how much more will i have to spend to get this thing fixed?

thanks.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Site Moderator

Well blaming audi for electrical issues just makes you look like another *** really.
Whenever you have a large amount of electrical issues that all are related to each other its most likely a control unit or an electrical connector. I can almost guarantee this isn't an audi mechanic because he sounds like a dumb ***.
If your driver's side door now shows that its open after he went in there he probably left the door latch connector off. If that isn't connected the car thinks the door is open which would trip your alarm, hence the flashing lights...... So your original problem could be as small as a master window switch. Now if all of these problems existed before he worked on it then i would say your comfort control module got water logged. Pull up the carpet in front of the driver's seat, the comfort control module is in a black box down there. Pull the connector and look for water or corrosion on the pins. If you find water then we have to fix that first.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:24 PM
1st Gear

WOW Auditech79. Thanks for commenting. I am new to audi, and I have the same issue. I replace the 10amp fuse and everything is fine, but eventually it will blow again! Im going home today and am going to check this right away!
thanks again

Also audibuyer, did you ever figure out a solution for this issue!?