Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking at an 03 2.7T A6, anything I should look out for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 04:44 AM
1st Gear
Default looking at an 03 2.7T A6, anything I should look out for?

A dealership near me has the above car pretty much loaded sans nav. They are asking $26,999 for it.

35K miles, looks really clean. I drive a Sentra, the wife drives an 03 V70, so for me, this will be a huge step up.

Are there any issues I need to watch out for in these cars?

Our family is expanding, and my Sentra isn't cutting it. In fact, it stopped cutting it as soon as the wife got herself the Volvo.

Does that seem like a good price? I looked at Edmunds.com, and it appears to be about $1,000 off the cert price.

Thanks.

Old 08-19-2006, 10:02 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: looking at an 03 2.7T A6, anything I should look out for?

Hi from uk working in the trade over here a few things i would look for when u start it cold listen for a rattle and knock from engine and check oil pressure when hot also check when u drive that there are no nasty bangs from under the gearstick if u hit the front of the car lightly the engine goes back and busts the gearbox casing on the mount, ive seen 5 like that this year. Check for smokin exhausts on engine overun this is a fav with busted turbos, also check for mayonnaise in the oil filler cap and check the heater works as it should the heater matrix gets blocked but on yours u should be ok if not haggle, also if u ever ever do any work on the cooling system .......................dont believe me u try and bleed the system u will be there a fortnight.
Look for tyres worn uneven bust bushes etc droning wheel bearings.
I think u will find a vast improvement over the volvo mind volvos i would nt have one if u gave me it. Had a go in a new RS4 this week, somewhat quick!!!

Old 08-19-2006, 02:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: looking at an 03 2.7T A6, anything I should look out for?

Thanks!