Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for an a6

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 04:51 AM
1st Gear
Default looking for an a6

hi guys i am in the market for a a6 i was previous owner of a 2000 a4 and had to sell for a diesel so i could pull a cattle trailer and now that i have some extra money i am looking for a a6 with either the 4.2 or 2.7t and was wondering what to look for that could be a problem Ex. timing belt
thanks in advance

Old 01-22-2011, 07:01 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

The 4.2 is generally considered the more solid platform. Lots of power, less prone to mechanical malfunction. Plus the 4.2 has the "wide body" that a lot of people prefer the look of.

The 2.7T is definitely more "moddable", but also more prone to mechanical demons. Plus have two turbos give you twice the headaches when problems arise.

Either way, they are both Audis so they both come with the typical Audi issues. As long as the one you decide to go with has been well maintained it should not give you problems more than one would expect. Obviously higher mileage is an issue, but that is true of any car. Keep some financial reserves available for whatever may (read: will) arise. You can save by doing repairs/maintenance yourself. Plenty of knowledgeable people here on the forum that are more than willing to help.

good luck

Old 01-22-2011, 03:46 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the help