Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowering question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Default lowering question

Just wondering what is the best way to lower a 2002 3.0 A6 quattro.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:32 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: lowering question

Depends on yor goals and use of the car... your wallet
I woudl say go with shocks and springs to save $ over coil overs if you don't track your car.
If yuo want low and handling over comfort, go with konis and H&R
If you want a little higher and slightly more comfort, just get the Eibach springs instead with the Konis.
If hyuo want to favor comfort a bit more, get Koni FSDs and Eibach if they sell them for your car, about$900/set

Old 01-24-2008, 09:47 PM

personally i'm just planning on getting some springs from awe tuning, they are only like 25 minutes away.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:28 PM
2nd Gear

Springs on stock shocks?
You'll ruin them quick and bounce bonce bounce...

Old 01-25-2008, 07:16 AM

i was reading up last night and you are right... i am looking at getting sport shocks as well for sure now. For some reason, at least on the website, awe doesn't have shocks for the 4.2, though it says they are coming soon. I won't get the springs until they have the shocks, which they will offer in a package. I'm going to give them a call and check if they have them in yet, just not on their website. I got my bonus from work this week so i'm looking to do something with the suspension.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:55 AM
1st Gear

With springs you can't adjust anything right ?[>:]

Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 AM

From what people are saying, the koni fsd, enkie springs and differnt bushings are the way to do it. I can see that it would make the car handle like a dream, but what would it do for comfort? Im sure I would sacrifise comfort a little bit compared to stock but im totallycool with that. Im just looking for feedback from people that have this done and if they like it better or not. If I go with this then I do sway bars? And if it helps with answers I have 19' wheels for the summer time.

Thank you all very much for the input

Old 01-28-2008, 02:27 PM
2nd Gear

I think if yuo want to lower yuor car but are worried abuot comfort then FSD is yuor best chnace...
But I ordered mine with Eibach springs so I will let yuo know soon!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:12 AM
1st Gear

The way to go on 19's ?
Anyone knows how's the gap with the Eibach Pro Kit ?

Old 01-29-2008, 07:51 AM
2nd Gear

With 19's, unless you like hard/harsh rides or track, you want something more compliant and better compromise height/comfort/handling. So that's what I suggest but my FSD's/Eibach should be on soon so I'll tell you how it truly compares to my current Koni Yellows/H&R set up, which looks and handles great but rides real harsh.
You can always put sways on to further enhance handling.
Gap on Eibach is IMO perfect.. Below are pics of my buddy's S line (Dolphin grey) with the same Koni I have on and Eibachs. Sorry the cars are dirty on these... (FYI, his wheels are for sale I think )

Quick Reply: lowering question