Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MECHANIC NEEDED!

Old 11-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Default MECHANIC NEEDED!

I am Thinking about buying a 2000 A62.7t from a dealer. Exterior is great condition but LCD in cluster is starting to blurr and it the Car held no boost. When i gunned it I heard alot of Air coming out. TIP TRONIC WORKS GREAT AND NO NOISES WHEN I MAKE TURNS. MY QUESTION IS WITH MY AUDI KNOWLEDGE WHICH I SHALL RECIEVE FROM YOU GUYS (MY FORUM FAMILY) IF IT IS SOMETHING MINIMAL SHOULD I TRY TO TALK HIM DOWN SOME MORE AND BUY IT OR JUST KEEP IT MOVING AND LOOK FOR A WHOLE NEW RIDE.

BY THE WAY... HOW MUCH WOULD IT BE TO REPLACE THE CLUSTER ON THE CAR??

Old 11-02-2005, 07:34 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: MECHANIC NEEDED!

hi, and welcome!!!
i would say that if the car is machanically sound and your only apparent problem is the cluster then you are in good shape. you can get the cluster repalced from the dealer for about $500 or DIY (scroll down to cluster replacement) like this guy and spend about $300. try to talk him down using the cluster replacement to your advantage.

the clusters go out in a lot of audis, so you may actually have a hard time finding a used one with it all (cluster and machanics) in tact. but if you repace it i think it would work well for quite some time.

don't forget to post pic in the "a6 soundoff" thread when you get it.[8D]

Old 11-02-2005, 07:43 PM

Thanx for the Cluster Info *4dot*. I will definately try to get another 500 off the selling price. My next question is about the Rushing air noise. Any Prognosis for that. And is there an easy resolution . PLEASE INPUT NEEDED.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

does it sound like a high-piched, soft, sucking in of air from under the hood? or is it something in the cabin?

Old 11-02-2005, 08:05 PM

Definately coming from under the hood. I would say mid-range pitch. Not really sucking air though. sounds more like it is just coming out like a hole in a tire or something when i step on the gas.

any ideas?

Old 11-02-2005, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: HARRY PUSAYS 2.7T

Definately coming from under the hood. I would say mid-range pitch. Not really sucking air though. sounds more like it is just coming out like a hole in a tire or something when i step on the gas.

any ideas?
turbos............scared the **** out of me when i first heard it (right after i bought my 1.8t). but its nothing to worry about, they just sound like that when you accelarate.[8D]

Old 11-02-2005, 08:15 PM

It was very sluggish though, as if it was loosing compression or the trany was slipping. The acceleration wasn't performing like a 250bhp and 268lbs of torque should respond. Could there be a ripped hose somewhere? or does the transmission usually go at 67k?

Old 11-02-2005, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

mmmmm..........i'd probably have an AUDI/VW mech. check it out first if you're serious about the purchase. but, don't go in the traditional way; see if you can go around back and try to contract a guy out........this way you will always have your 'audi guy'. (kinda happened for me like that)

Old 11-03-2005, 11:22 AM

DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANY RESPECTABLE AUDI MECHANICS AROUND THE NY AREA. TELEPHONE NUMBERS, WEBSITES AND DRIVIGN DIRECTIONS WOULD BE GREAT!!

Old 11-09-2005, 09:32 PM
2nd Gear

the only guy i know is in new milford, nj
marty's vw/audi
201-261-4244

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MECHANIC NEEDED!