Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 4.2 parts review from last weeks install

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 07:33 PM
1st Gear
Default My 4.2 parts review from last weeks install

ok this is going to be kind of long So for those of you that just skip threw the post and don't read all the info.....here is it all sumed up...The VAST Perofmance Tip ECU alone transformed the car. This is a must have X10 the car accelerates faster shifts harder,and quicker a real sport feel. Not only that but the trans is alowing more power to flow thew it so you feel a performane difference threw just the trans file. The car went from great to super.

here is the break down. Showed up at VAST got the tour of the shop and all the crazy cars. Each employee at Vast has at least 2 audi's. None of them stock and all have a huge WOW factor. The 4.2 stuff they have is simpply amazing more than we know about all good stuff to come. The real stunner is all the 2.7T stuff. from big turbo kits to stage 4 tiptronic 2.7T cars that look stock from first glance but are deffinintly big Hp cars. All of the guys at vast showed me something new and different. I was shown how to log and avaluate my cars performance.

We started by looking over the car and checking the codes. I have some 02 issues that I need to take care of along with little ods and ends. Because of the 02 issue I was started off with just the TCU file. We started from the stage 1 TCU and whent to the stage 3 all shifting harder and faster than the last. We then went from stage 3 to stock (the had 4 trans computers with them) OH MY GOD you can really tell the difference when you put back in your stock computer. Then they installed a ECU file. The ECU file was only to remove the TQ restrictions in the ECU so the car would be able to make more power...and with out any real adjustments the car responded. They didn't charge me for the ECU file as they said this is just to help the car get around better....Well it (the ECU FILE) did have one suprise in it but you will have to wait untill the video comes out for that one. Lastly the modifyed my exhaust for me so you can hear the trans shift in the video. I love the sound of the car now they did the modification of the exhaust and the ECU for FREE. After all the excitment and the amount of goodies available for our cars right at my finger tips I was ready to spend lots of money. But they asked that I drive the car for a while and let them know how it felt and then I can come back for more parts.
It is a experence you would never think a shop would give you. All the guys spent good time with me

Mike the owner is the smartest Audi guy you will ever find. he has his masters in Elect eng
Mike's Father also was there to help. My car was cleaner after I left then when I got there. HE (mikes dad detialed the entire engine bay)
Prince is super friendly and funny as they come full of excitment and very good with the audis

Also a big thanks to baskin for setting this up for me and meeting up with me after words. Super cool guy...sweet car...he has all the parts we want :P also a incredibily good with the audi deffinitly learned some good stuff from him

So now I am going to go back some time in the next few weeks and get the performance ECU file. It is deffinitly worth the 5 hour drive from chicago

Old 02-02-2008, 02:45 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: My 4.2 parts review from last weeks install

well hurry up and post the video!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

any updates on the status of the video??? i really want to see this thing, so TTT.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:51 AM
1st Gear

Don't keep us waiting. It should make for a great video if you were able to capture how fast the motor was revving and not dropping off during shifts

Old 02-04-2008, 07:36 PM
1st Gear

OK I am not a pro at edditing. the video needs to be eddited as it is just too long to post and I deffinitly needed to have my friend pause more. I am going threw it there is a lot to do this is harder than it looks. even the guys at vast have someone do there vids for them. I may just go that route so it is more enjoyable

Old 02-05-2008, 04:14 AM
1st Gear

haha, you're killin me man. i'm really really anxious to see it, and you're still editing it?! seriously though, if you're having troubles with it, you could probably send it to me, i'm pretty decent with video editing, been doing it for a while, and da$%!t i wanna see the video! haha, lol.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:18 PM
1st Gear

Im working on it. There is like 30min of viedo to sift threw as my friend never stopped the camera. Also some times you can hear the shift other times it is so fast you can't even tell I shifted the car. I would love to send you the vid to eddit. but the file would be too big

Old 02-05-2008, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

haha, ok. well make sure to post it up when you're finished then, i'm sure there's a lot of people that are going to want to see it. and make sure you fire your friend from cameraman .

Old 02-07-2008, 10:18 AM
1st Gear

Back to the top, I'm not letting this thread die. I want to see the vid lol

Old 02-07-2008, 07:19 PM
2nd Gear

Are you running a C5 or a C6?

Quick Reply: My 4.2 parts review from last weeks install