Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car is in the shop being fixed! I can use a diagnosis! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:48 AM
1st Gear
Default My car is in the shop being fixed! I can use a diagnosis! HELP!!

00 2.7T with GIAC X Chip, Stratmosphere Diverter Valves, Milltech Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

I was heading home in rush hour traffic maybe doing 60 MPH. All of a sudden the car started hesitating and when I hit the gas pedal the car went no where. About a second after it started the "EPC" light came on in dash board. I Pulled over immediately and started making my phone calls. I had the car in neutral and the car seemed to idle a little bit high, but it still was running, but when I hit the gas pedal in neutral, I got the same response, the engine hesitated.

After I made my calls, I went ahead and turned the car off for maybe 5 seconds. I restarted the car and things seemed to be OK. I gave it gas while the car was in neutral and the engine responded nicely. The "EPC" light went out. Seeing this I went ahead and lightly drove the car to safe place to get towed.

My mechanic has the car and is looking into it! Since I did not have an appointment, I do not know when I will have an answer.

The latest addition to my car was the GIAC X chip. I had it done about a month and a half ago. The car was incredible. It ran so well.

I also know that probably about a week prior to my yesterdays incident, the car seemed to lose some of its zip! I even mentioned this to my mechanic, but was unable to get my car in to have it looked at. I am in the process of moving but thats another story! I just KNEW the car was not 100%. Not 1 time did my "check engine" light come on through all of this including yesterday!

Am I looking at something serious? I surely could use some inout!

Thank you!

OOOO

[IMG]local://upfiles/13659/DC06AEC20C284DC7B53574CA431D2CCD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Default RE: My car is in the shop being fixed! I can use a diagnosis! HELP!!

im thinking its a software glitch since its been chipped Ive heard of this problem too often and it turns out to be nothing important unless the CEL comes on, I would have cleared any soft codes and just run it then checked later for any codes

Old 08-11-2006, 10:51 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: My car is in the shop being fixed! I can use a diagnosis! HELP!!

Alos check for boost leaks. A boost leak will cause almost identical conditions to the ones you describe.