Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My girlfriend killed my car

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 02:04 PM
1st Gear
Default My girlfriend killed my car

Yesterday my girlfriend was sitting passanger in my car it was like 1 am. I had to go home and i was drinking at like 8 pm so for some reason my girl friend thought i was still drunk but it was 1 am. I told her i wasnt and kept telling her i have to go, i told her if she doesnt get out im just start leaving with u in the car and ull have to figure out how to get home. I kept telling her i have to go then finally i put it in reverse in the driveway and was probably going about 5-10 mph then bam! guess what my idiot gf does. She puts my car to park when i was driving in reverse. The car comes to a stop and just shuts off. I try to start the car again and it starts but shuts off again. it keeps starting then shutting off.

I dont know what to do I hate her so much. ****ing idiot *****. What do you guys think happened did she completely tear my transmission apart?

my car is a 2000 audi a6 and yes i broke up with her i cant be with someone that is able to do something idiotic like that

Old 11-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: My girlfriend killed my car

I got news for ya, they are all crazy like that one way or another.
As for the car, check the fault codes, it may just have tripped the immobilizer because it was going in reverse while the car was in park so it throws the anti theft into high gear.
Do you have a VAG COM?

Old 11-10-2007, 03:53 PM
2nd Gear

Do Audis have an emergency fuel cut-off switch? If so, maybe this is it...

Old 11-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Khardysius

Do Audis have an emergency fuel cut-off switch? If so, maybe this is it...
They do but you would have to flip the car over to trip it.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:21 PM
1st Gear

i hope its nothing big

when i take it to the shop should i tell them wat happened or just say something is wrong with my car?

btw when i start my car as long as im overreving the engine, it keeps running but when i take it off the gas, the rpms fall and the car shuts off

Old 11-10-2007, 04:33 PM

How much were u drinkin,u coulda stopped at 8 and been **** drunk until 6 the next morning? Ur gf may have done u a favor. One of the signs of bein drunk is not thinkin ur drunk. Good luck with ur car.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Site Moderator

Oh it doesn't die right away? I doubt you broke something in the transmission, the engine would still run if you broke the parking sprawl or something. You never know, it could be a huge vaccum leak by some wierd coincidence, the best and first thing to do is check the fault codes.
Im about 75% sure its nothing major.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:16 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i would agree with auditech79 that sounds like a vacum leak (low idle it dies but at a high rev it stays running)you not have to be that pissed at your girl, it may not be her fault it could of happened anyway.
cars can be fixed but a dead loved one you will never replace

Old 11-10-2007, 11:31 PM
3rd Gear

I was just thinking about you today. I was wondering if you ever got your timing belt changed before it snapped.

Get used to people doing stupid things. The world is filled with them and hope you are not a magnet for them. Sorry to hear about your car, that really sucks.

Jeff

Old 11-11-2007, 07:07 AM
2nd Gear

If you were sober, you would have just told your GF todrive. The fact that you decided to have a confrontation instead, makes we wonder if you did have too much to drink. Perhaps your GF damaged your car and saved your life at the same time. Buy her flowers and fix the car.

Quick Reply: My girlfriend killed my car