Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help! Multiple Issues with New A6

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 01:38 AM
1st Gear
Default Need Help! Multiple Issues with New A6

First off I'll start with the vehicle details.

2004 A6 Quattro 3.0
121,000 miles

If any other info is needed I'm sure you guess will let me know.

So just bought the car Saturday. Always loved Audi's and thought this one would be "the one". Car runs great, feels great and of course looks great.

On the way home I noticed a couple things, there was definitely something up with the headlights. They had been replaced with aftermarket ones and when turned on they didn't level out and appeared to be pointing way too far down. The light was on in the display which in the owners manual says is the "Dynamic Headlight Dimmer Control". I imagine this isn't too big of an issue but I have no idea where to start. The turn signals also quit working. When I turned on the blinker it just stayed on and didn't blink. Went ahead and ordered one online. Also the temp gauge had all the sudden quick working. I went ahead and picked up a temp sending unit from a local parts store. Hopefully that's all that is. Then the next morning the airbag light was on and the oil pressure gauge didn't appear to work.

Also the display in between the tach and speedo, when I press the test button and it runs it's little checks, the first two are oil and coolant and it does display a big red blinking icon for each of these two. But nothing stays on or comes on while driving.

So last night the oil pressure gauge started working again, turn signals are back and the airbag light went off. And then today the temp gauge started working again. So now everything is working but the headlights leveling out.
Then the check engine light comes on. Here's the codes.

P0431 - Catalyst 1 Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2
P0300 - Random/Multiple Misfire Detected
P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected

All say "No Possible Causes Available" and "No Reported Potential Fixes Available".

The guy at the parts store suggested to clean the O2 sensor and if that didn't do it then it might be my catalytic converter or even my ECU. Now for some reason the ECU kind of makes sense, since everything is kind of acting a little goofy. Any suggestions? With any of it?