Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help witjh mods for 1999 a6

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Sky
1st Gear
Default Need help witjh mods for 1999 a6

HELP i need help with mods for a 1999 a6 it has a really nice sounding engine but i was wondering how could i make it louds without it sounding like a rice rocket...hehe
If you could send me any good website for audi parts and anything that would boost the hp

I was looking at superchargers but hey are too expensive.

What is the difference between the air intake i have in the car now, the standard one and if i were to get an upgraded one..... would it harm the engine at all

Also what is a good exhaust system, and are they hard to install because i notice that the exhasut is hidden behind the rear bumper.
One more thing what is a good clutch for the a6, its an automatic 2.8 tiptronic, is there a clutch that would help with like an air intake or an exhaust sytem

Old 09-13-2005, 09:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Need help witjh mods for 1999 a6

Sky, from one Newbie to another I have couple of suggestions. (not meaning to be offensive)

-Learn more about your car before posting clutch questions. Your tiptronic car does not have a clutch, it is equped with a torque converter. In otherwords its an automatic transmission not a true manual (3 speed,4 speed, 5,6 speed gearbox) gearbox. GIAC makes a chip for your autobox that will dramatically change things.

-Sound: Yes a (CAI) cold air intake will increase the induction sound under part or full throttle. Be careful to shield the CAI from the engine bay heat, as the engine heat will negate any power gains that you might get because heat soak is BAD. A True CAI needs 'Cold Air' so just sticking an open filter under your hood will be useless and probaly leave you scrathcing your head after about a week asking, 'Hmmmm sounds faster...but why do I feel like its atually slower..off the line especially"

-Exhaust: Lots of people seem to update their A6's to the 2002 rear bumper look (exposed tailpipes). There is no HP increase, but it does look a bit nicer(opinion). To save cash you could probably show any decent muffler shop (NOT most Midas shops) a few pictures and they could go from there. The only thing I would suggest is taking the time to template and cut out your rear bumper...so that the exhaust shop has one less thing to do. Besids you would probably be able to make it perfect.

Good luck. ALSO THIS SEEMS to be the Holy Bible,Koran,Tora etc.. when it comes to all things A6 (It is sweet) : http://sonolithics.com/files/a6_links.html
Whoever this guy is he rocks.....although I must say overall this board does not seem to 'ready to help' a newbie out. Which is kind of sad.