Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A6
New A6 owner how do you know if you have Leather or Leatherette >

New A6 owner how do you know if you have Leather or Leatherette

Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.

New A6 owner how do you know if you have Leather or Leatherette

Old 04-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Default New A6 owner how do you know if you have Leather or Leatherette

2002 A6 3.0 Quattro

I have the following options Sunroof, rear heated seats, Rear Parking sensors , HID lights.

How can you tell if you have leather or leatherette. Looking online and the options I have indicate that you must have leather for some of the option combinations

Old 04-23-2009, 12:56 PM
3rd Gear

I had repairs done to my driver's seat (the common left bolster tear) and my wife's cousin, who did the work in NY, told me that the seating area under your butt and back are leather, but the surround is leatherette. When they cut away a little of the bolster prior to patching, it had a white backing, which they said is not typical of leather. I was disappointed because I thought the seat covers were all leather. BTW, the tear is coming back and I found a local (MI) upholstery shop who will replace just the bolster panel for about $125-150. He, too, said it looked like leatherette.