Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New on Forum. Question about A6 2.7T 6SPD >>>PERFORMANCE CHIP<<< How To Operate BOOST ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 02:27 AM
Default New on Forum. Question about A6 2.7T 6SPD >>>PERFORMANCE CHIP<<< How To Operate BOOST ????

Hello everyone, I just bought Audi A6 2000 2.7T 6SPEED .when I bought it the seller said that it has performance chip, but I didn't believe it i even forget what he said,... I have a boost control in my Audi and it always was up to 10PSi when I push the gas,,,cauple of days ago I cleaned my car and tried to push the CRUISE CONTROL buttons, after that check ENGINE LIGHT started to flashing slow couple times and then faster, and then turns off. now my boost showup to 17-18 PSI, when I push the gas pedal dawn my car goes like crazy,even if i'm driving lets say 40-50 miles and push the gas pedal my RPMs increase to 5000-6000 immediatly and car make noise like when it's automatic transmition shifts down. I never had a car with turbo before. Do you know haw many PSI I can turn on??? How to turn it ON and OFF???? is it normal what my car does???? Ill glad to get andy information.... thanks a lot

Old 07-28-2007, 09:15 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: New on Forum. Question about A6 2.7T 6SPD >>>PERFORMANCE CHIP<<< How To Operate BOOST ????

Sounds like your clutch is going. Better baby it until you can get it replaced.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:36 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: New on Forum. Question about A6 2.7T 6SPD >>>PERFORMANCE CHIP<<< How To Operate BOOST ????

Not sure why your check engine lightwas flashing. If the rpm's jump up but the car does not seem to accelerate, that does sound like a clutch. If the car accelerates hard as the rpm's climb, then it's your turbos kicking in. The sound: can't tell. It just may be the exhaust under hard acceleration.

Call the last owner and find out what kind of chip he put in and how to control it. It's possible it has a valet over-ride and you accidentally figured out how to disable it. Be careful of using that high a boost all the time, you can burn out your clutch (I did) or prematurely wear out the turbos. Make sure you change the oil regularly with a good synthetic (e.g., Mobil 1) and if your mileage is in the 80s, read up in this forum about timing belt replacement.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

Sounds like the previous owner wired the flip-chip up to the cruise buttons. When you use the cruise buttons it switches between maps on the chip. I think you just found the performance map. It's typical for a chipped A6 to run 16-17 PSI of boost. You should also feel a serious increase in performance.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:51 AM

I just checked the car in my mechanic, and he said that my clutch supposed to be changed, thanks why RPMs going high....I'll change it, but I found 2 types of clutch one is like $250 another is about $670.. this is some special,,,which one is good for me????????????? also, when my car goes on 16-18 PSI I feel a serious performance,,,, but I just afraid that my turbos will be going out.....thats why I just ask you if you know haw can I check what chip I have&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;??????????? and how to turn it ON and OFF???????????? thanks

Old 07-29-2007, 07:42 AM
1st Gear

Higher HP requires heavier duty clutches. Ultimatelyyou control the throttle, so if you plan to drive hard, get a HD clutch.

Lack of lubrication kills turbos. Turbos get red hot and when you shut the downmotor, the oil in the passageways cooks, leaving deposits (varnish). The deposits inhibit the necessary oil flow for proper lubrication. Generally synthetics can withstand higher temperatures. The key however is to drive like granny a couple of miles before you shut her down.

Also, it is a good idea to take it easy the first several miles. This allows the engine to reach operating temps and helps insure proper lubrication.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:53 PM
1st Gear

I'd consider an RS4 clutch on the car if it is chipped. Daily Drivability, yet reliable. I picked up a kevlar clutch similar to the RS4 kit from Vast Performance. I'd say check them out. Also, to make sure the clutch is the problem, find a hill in town on a 40 mph+ speed road. Shift up to 6th gear while heading up the hill, and gun it. If the RPM's climb through the roof,... you need a clutch. If it bogs a bit, or begins to accelerate,... your clutch is just fine. Clutches are very expensive. Between the flywheel and clutch parts alone I have $1500+ in my clutch. Labor will run about $1000 to get it installed as well. NOT a cheap proposition!

Old 07-30-2007, 12:09 AM

Hi, I just bought the good Clutch,,,, and I'll change it till the end of the week....... but after that I will sell my car,,,I love it so much.....it looks so cool...also it drives so fast and I love it,,,,, but need money and got to sell it,,,,anyway,,,thanks everyone for help......APPRECIATE IT A LOT !!!!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 01:08 PM

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/support/dp...structions.pdf

You have an APR Chip most likely. The link above is the instructions on how to operate it.

Andy