Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:39 AM
1st Gear
Default new guy

hey guys im new to this forum. i pick up my 01 a6 2.7t this wensday its black on black. i use to have a 1.8t a4 should there be any thing i should look over when i get the car it has 60,000 on it like common problems thanks

Old 10-02-2006, 04:23 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: new guy

oh boy, been there.
Firstly, congrats, dude! I got same year, same engine - awesome car, the best!

Now to business, your biggest concern as far as maintanence will be the timing belt, but not until you drive the car for another 20k miles or so. Your manual says to change at 75000 miles, in case if you don't feel like looking it up (HAS to be done by 75k miles if you have extended warranty). This job should run you close to a grand including all the necessary parts. When you are getting the timing belt done, there's some kind of spring and a pump of some sort which both should be changed while you're there - these are items that will need to be replaced anyway, but getting to them will make the job really expensive, so you should get it done while you/your mech is there anyway. I can find out exactly what those parts are (just PM me or email whenever you need it), but every mechanic with knowledge of biturbo a6s should know exactly what I'm talking about... and if they don't, go to the one that does know :-))
besides that, use synthetic oil. I run on 5w30 in the winter and 10w40 in the summer - works great for me.
if you want to get the most out of your quattro, like most Audi drivers, I suggest to keep the pressure in the hind wheels only about 1psi less than the fronts (I run 35 up front and 34 in the back on stock 16inchers). Better yet, pump them all to 34 and see how it feels.
My friends, who drove these cars over the years told me about suspension linkage issues. Though I never ran into them, I hear they can get expensive, so take preventive measures - don't mess up your suspension :-)
Put ONLY Super in it - turbos like octane.
Other than that, enjoy it - its a great car!!!