Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member, new owner - lots of questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:18 AM
1st Gear
Default New member, new owner - lots of questions!

Hello members!

I'm a proud new owner of a 2009 audi a6! Having previously owned a merc I have to say that the quality of my audi is unparalleled and I'm so chuffed with it!

I had a question regarding the headlamps. I spent much time searching to see if its possible to fit a pair of LED headlamps (?RS6 lights).

Some websites seem to suggest that its possible but a colossal pain to do so. Some sites also say that its not possible at all.

I would really appreciate a slice of your expertise, specifically

1) Is it possible to fit a pair of LED headlamps to my car?
2) If so, how big a job is it? Am I likely to need to go to a garage to get a it done?
3) How much would I be looking at for the entire job?

Many Thanks! - I look forward to your replies!

Attached Thumbnails New member, new owner - lots of questions!-img_0047.jpg   New member, new owner - lots of questions!-img_0830.jpg  
Old 04-09-2012, 03:33 PM
3rd Gear

First, welcome to the joy/despair of owning an OOOO. Cannot really answer regarding fitment of headlights from a different model. I would think that if you can find them for the same year and model, they should fit. Are you looking for LED headlights or are you looking to use the stock headlights with LED running lights?? I don't think Audi made just LED headlights. As far as cost, I hate to pop your bubble but headlight assemblies are not cheap and dealer cost is probably $300-500 per light, if not higher.

If you have HID headlights, my advice is to enjoy them as they are and save your money for the inevitable maintenance and repairs that go with owning an Audi.