Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner of 2004 A6

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Default New Owner of 2004 A6

Hi All,

I read posts in this forum prior to deciding to purchase my 2004 A6. Quite helpfull. Audi owners sure seem passionate about their cars. Car is beige/beige (not my fav.colors) but price of 21k (not an Audi dealership)for a (one owner)A6 with infotainment, premium, & cold wthr pkgs; 17in alloys &33k mi. was to good to pass up. Now for my questions: car has On-Star, any opinions on whether this service is worth signing up for? I will take it to my local Audi dealer for its 35k service(want to ck on service records)but they are 15mi away; any recommendations on indep. Audi mechanics in New Haven, CT area? Car has 6 mo left on new car warrantyand 60 daywarranty from dealer I bought it from; any sugguestions from veteran Audi owners on what checks I should have the Audi dealership perform?Finally, is their any work around that allows me to add a remote starter to this vehicle? I'm told it can't be done with the anti-theft devices on this car.
Any and all comments on this post are welcome.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:41 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: New Owner of 2004 A6

I was in the same boat as you when I bought my car 5 months ago. When I got my A6 the 4y/50k warranty was about to expire in two weeks. The first thing I did was to bring my car to a local Audi dealer and asked them to do a thorough check up of the car. The dealer replaced my battery, CV boots and brake pads all under warranty. So check with your Audi dealer and let them give your car a thorough going-over.

Regarding the service records, I got a printout from my dealer which detailed everything that was done on my car at authorized Audi dealers. It was a bunch of codes which I couldn't understand at that time. So if you get a smilar printout and can't make head or tail of it, let me know. I now have a list that explains what most of these codes mean. Hope this helps.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:51 AM
2nd Gear

I would:

a. get a copy of all the Techincal Service Bulletins for the car from ebahn's websiteand have a mechanic look and see if all of the issues have been addressed. During the warranty period Audi does the TSB work for free.

b. get a copy of all of the service records as previously suggested and see if any of the maintenance was neglected. If so, have a mechanic closely examine the parts of the car that would have been impacted by the neglected maintenance.

c. have the mechanic look at the typical wear and tear items.

Good luck.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:26 PM

Yeah, I'll take it in at 35k. Thanks for the tip on the codes. I understand Audi Advantage covers 35kservice if it is still under warranty. Any idea what a dealer would charge for a thorough check up?