Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner of 2007 A6 AVANT, where's the "YOU MUST ..." thread?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:39 AM
1st Gear
Default New Owner of 2007 A6 AVANT, where's the "YOU MUST ..." thread?

Hi all.

I just traded in my mazdaspeed6 for an 07 A6 avant. With my previous car, there were several forums with lots of general information. However, it was impossible to miss the threads that would some up all the indispensable information that a new owner would require.

I'm wondering if some of you could point out to me where I can find a good summation of all I need to know and some things I really should know as a pre-owned Audi driver.

I'm particularly interested in things like how to update the MMI, procedures for installing NAV, SAT, updated headlights, etc and where I can find parts. I would also like to know things to look-out for, ie; are there things that tend to wear out for everybody at a certain mileage range.
Also, are there adjustments or maintenance that people do to their cars that make them run, look, or act more like a new car. For instance, I've noticed that the door striker latch could use a tweak on the driver door and the back hatch of my car.

Thanks for your help.