Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tail Lights ( Pics Inside! )

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:47 PM
3rd Gear
Default New Tail Lights ( Pics Inside! )

Got my new tails on and looks great. I think it's perfect with the color of the car. I'm working on dropping the car about an inch right now. I don't want to do coil overs, so I'm looking for some prices on getting springs installed. Enjoy...

Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Default RE: New Tail Lights ( Pics Inside! )

Wow. Purty.
Where did you get them? I may look into doing something like this on my A6. About how long did it take?

EDIT: Is that an AudiForums sticker I spy?

Old 02-26-2007, 12:00 AM
1st Gear

Did you do that with a can of tint spray? We did that to my buddiesGS300but the hardest thing is finding a really good clearcoat to put over them. If you find something that really gives it that paint like gloss, let me know cuz Ive been thinking of doing this for a while. Looks great by the way, cheers to beautiful 4.2 [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

I saw you were looking into getting some new shocks. Ive been looking at these, Southboroaudiguy mentioned them in a post a while ago and they seem like a great idea.They are calledKoni FSDhttp://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...FSD+Damper+Set

Old 02-26-2007, 03:56 PM
3rd Gear

I did it with the Nite Shades spray and it came out perfect. I used Duplicolors clear coat and it worked great. I have a buddy with a set of Hella smoked lenses and mine look the exact same only mine didn't cost $300. You can't tell any difference. If you take your time and are careful, it's well worth it. Some morons do it and it comes out terrible.

I was looking into buying a set of H&R springs to lower the car a little bit. I already have the Koni shocks.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:56 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: marko_tomas13

Wow. Purty.
Where did you get them? I may look into doing something like this on my A6. About how long did it take?

EDIT: Is that an AudiForums sticker I spy?
Ofcourse that's an Audi Forums sticker! Have to show the support!

Old 02-26-2007, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

Cary, nice job, and of course, as OEM tails they are DOT compliant. Hella smoked tails are not DOT compliant, as they do not have the reflectors on the side. Looks great! Congrats!

Old 02-26-2007, 05:28 PM
2nd Gear

Look really nice...I just ordered the HELLA tailights. I chose these because that match the checker(pattern) and smoke color exactly to the center piece where the rear fogs are. Does your spray job really match the same? If so, I will cancel the order.I didnt even consider the DOT compliant. They convienently forget to add the discalimer...Will I get in trouble? They were $300. Thats the best spray on smoke job I have seen yet...Good job on saving some $$. BTW--what brand of tips did ya go with? Thats a nice diameter. Did they mount to the OEM muffs or are those aftermarket?

Old 02-26-2007, 05:33 PM
2nd Gear

is this what your buddy has?

Old 02-26-2007, 07:47 PM
3rd Gear

They are very similar to those. His are just a tad bit darker. The spray matches the center with the fogs perfectly. If you take your time, it really works well. The clear coat really finished it off. Some people don't use the clear coat and it looks very dull. You can get that diameter tip from AWE or from Magnaflow. AWE has a weird policy with only selling their tips for some reason. You can always spray them and if you don't like it, get the aftermarket ones. Doesn't hurt to try and you can save yourself some money for another mod.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

Where did you get the Audiforums.com sticker?

Quick Reply: New Tail Lights ( Pics Inside! )