Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJ 2.7t timing belt help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:26 AM
1st Gear
Default NJ 2.7t timing belt help

i got my 2000 a6 2.7t at the begining of the summer with 74,000mi, and im coming up on 80,000mi now, so ive been hearing its about time to change the timing belt. I would like to have it done at a shop where i can get a warranty on the work, but im in college andthat wouldtake abig chunk ofmy modest bank account. So i'mhoping to do this with some helpfrom a person with experience. I've been looking at getting akit from VASTor Blauparts and am wondering if anyone around my area whowould be able to help me out for a day to do the install? preferably someone who has done obviousupgrades on their own car I cantrust they know what they're doing. I have experience with general tech and howparts work but no auditools or specific audiknowledge so i'm wary about going at it myself. I'd be willing to pay $350 for your time, and would definitly help out doing disassembly/assembly of the front end. I'd like to get it done sometime in August, anyone? i'm in south orange, nj