Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Obtaining service records... HOW?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 04:42 PM
1st Gear
Default Obtaining service records... HOW?

Everyone says i need to get service records before i buy, but I called the local Audi dealers, and they said that they cant get the service records. So how do i get them?

Old 03-10-2007, 12:16 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Obtaining service records... HOW?

The previous owner should have them, unless it's CPO from Audi, then that dealershould have the records.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

ok, so how would i contact the previous owner? This is being sold through a dealer (was a trade in).

Old 03-10-2007, 01:45 AM
3rd Gear

The local Audi dealer can to get the service records. Well that is assuming they are the ones that serviced the car. When I bought my car I went the local Audi dealer and the service advisor printed them off for me. Then he went through them line by line explaining what the dealer codes meant.

As for the previous owner, I got lucky, there was a tire reciept in the trunk with his name on it although he never did call me back. His name was also on the dealer service records. There was an oil change sticker for German Auto works, I went there any they printed out a bunch more service records for me.

I suggest you hound the dealers. Have any friends in the law enforcement industry that can look it up for you?

Jeff

Old 03-10-2007, 03:08 AM
1st Gear

Iwas able to get the service records for all Audi dealer service and warranty work performed on my car at the local Audi dealership from original delivery date to present. My car was delivered to its original owner in New York in June 2003and had service and warranty work done at an Audi dealer there for the first three years. I purchased the car a month ago in Kirkland,WA (car was apparently sold at auction and ended up here in the Seattle area). Carfax historyonly showed state vehicle inspections and emissions testing - no other maintenance records. SoI went to the service department at Barrier Audi in Bellevue, WA (I had to go into the service dept., they would NOT do any ofthis over the phone) and I gave them the VIN and they pulled up ALL the Audi dealer service history that was done on the car in New York.The service writershowed me what the report codes meant and affirmed that all dealer scheduled maintenance and warranty work had been done. Gave me great peace of mind. I normally wouldn't praise a car dealership, but I have been pleasantly surprised and impressed with the service staff at Barrier Audi. IMO its worthwhile to get to know your friendly dealer service reps.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:05 AM
1st Gear

Thanks everyone. I'll check with some other local Audi dealers then. As far as i know, this car is in IL for the first time in its life (drove it home from PA) so i hope they can find something.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:21 PM
3rd Gear

Your local dealer should be able to look up the service history by VIN, assuming it was done by other dealers. I suggest you do it in person and couple it with some cheap service, like an oil change or some wiper blades.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:02 AM
1st Gear

Just bought a used A4 from the local audi dealer and SHE say's they can only pull up the records if the work was done there. As we know ***** pooooop.