Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ocap Suspension Parts from Blau??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Default Ocap Suspension Parts from Blau??

OK so I just replaced on bad ball joint (control arm) at the price of 100 bucks from O'reilly, and it caused a weaker upper one to start popping almost right away. I am guess this ig going to be a trend if I keep replacing...

So here is the question. Has anyone used or heard anything about Ocap parts (Italian Made) from Blauparts website? I found an entire front suspension kit that includes all 8 Control arms with busing and ball joints, Tie rod ends, sway bar link and all the hardware for $469.95 and free ground shipping.

Now if I continue to go to O'reilly to get these parts at around a 100 bucks, well you do the math..... But. just want to make sure I am not going to buy faulty parts if I go with this kit. Thanks

Old 07-27-2009, 01:26 PM
1st Gear

I put a set of these on the front end of my '99 Avant and they worked and fit very well. No problems and Blauparts is a great place to get parts and supplies for your A6.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:21 PM
1st Gear

I had the OCAP kit put on my car 2 years ago. Last year in the summer the high ambient heat dried up the lower control arm ball joints causing the car to develop a nasty groaning sound when turning the wheels.

So i replaced the two pass side lower control arms with Febi arms (rmeuropean.com) and alls well. MY advice: stay away from OCAP. you get what you pay for. Febi Bilstein arms are good quality arms and RMEuropean sells them pretty reasonable. I'd just do one side at a time if money is the issue.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:31 AM

I was wondering about that. Seeing how they are so cheap for an entire set. Well this project is going to have to wait until i save some more money because I think I am going to get a strut kit soon. so I am going to do a little more research