Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

an OPINION ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:47 PM
1st Gear
Default an OPINION ?

i have an 01 a6 , 2.8 q , i already add fog mod and xenon mod to my headlights and i plan to made the clear corner mod with oven method, but i will need an opinion about adding some led strip lights that i just recive them , the lights looks better in real is that kind of clear bright white light.... but the strip it will be black , or i paint it silver or some crome. not sure where to put them on bottom of the reflector or on top , and face the reflector to give accent light or face the street... , so far i decide to no1 , and 2 from picture, for location , and probably will be no 1 because can reflact a little in the existing mirror.will be mont on that pice of plastic so it will face the road , i will rewire them to existing day time lights , and cancel the orange corners so i can use the strips like day time light. i plan an DIY with pictures too , but any pictures or advice would help.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47474/6F9043532F1A479AAF504FFA51C4F48B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/47474/71AF6756B3FE45AB9AEA4A0845C513FB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-20-2008, 08:15 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: an OPINION ?

First off, you need to post pics of this when its done. Secondly, I would face it out onto the street like the new A6's and A8s have. I would go with painting them chrome/silver to go with the inside of the headlight well. You want it to blend not stick out so that you can only see the LEDs. Lastly, your english is horrific.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:47 PM

Haha Yeah, I think it would look cool, just like the new audi's, I dont know where it would fit so pics after the install will be great! Sorry, but i really really hope english is not your first language. It looks like your hispanic, just a guess because I'm fluent and it looks like a direct traslation

Old 03-28-2008, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

i am not sure if i will add another projector , to have 2 hid in each headlight, i plan to go with the blue ones from cadillac sts (05-06), or just let the ones i have now and add only the led strips plus clear corner. i also plan to paint in black the chrome exterior frame because the led strip are black so it will help for a smooth look. something like this picture. i can go all black inside the headlight if i add the second projector so i wouldn`t need the big chrome reflector for the highlight. hmm..

[IMG]local://upfiles/47474/49D46365405F4797849189B847CE86A4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2008, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

post big pictures when done!! can't wait to see!!

Old 08-08-2008, 08:37 PM
1st Gear
Default action!

well , i decide today to do some little changes) to my car , a6 , 2.8q 01. so... i wil post some pic of the project so far in an album , clear corner, with oven method , paint black the bottom of the reflector and integrate some led lights inside the headlight with firtst turn of the switch only, so no more corner light, i will use the corners only for signal , and the bulbs will be silver. also i plan to replace the grill with a blank one , so no more chrome in the front.and the bottom grills will be metal mesh - black. sorry for my En and sorry for pic , i will add some to an album and post it ...

Old 08-08-2008, 11:18 PM
1st Gear

i would love to see the images, is there anyone who can see them relink them from photobucket or something bc im in the us and firefox doesnt recognize his links

Old 08-09-2008, 09:43 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Ligist
i would love to see the images, is there anyone who can see them relink them from photobucket or something bc im in the us and firefox doesnt recognize his links
i plan this project for 6 mo at least, and just now i had chance to start it. i post few pic , so i can get some feedback on the lights. i plan paint the frame black , flat black , and the separator between the lights and signal will be chrome , or silver. i got the orange corner off , and i have to restore the lenses are kind of fogy again.i will post more pictures soon with details about all the steps i did. also the grills will be a plain mesh ,black with no badge . you picture that?)

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/members/cosmintx-46769-albums-my-a6-project-82/

Old 08-09-2008, 03:52 PM
1st Gear

very nice

Old 08-10-2008, 09:57 AM

i like the leds but theres a bit too much chrome on the front imo. but its car and the only person that needs to like it is you

Quick Reply: an OPINION ?