Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poss new A6 owner, need opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 01:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Poss new A6 owner, need opinions...

Hey Guys, First time poster (I hate that line). Been an avid VeeDubber for a few years now but am looking to make the switch over to the big leagues. I'm looking at this:

2010 Audi A6 3.2L Premium Plus Austin, Texas | Apple Leasing

Drove the car, it feels great, brakes are stiff, no rattles, wound the engine up and down, hit a few bumps, feels solid as a rock. Slight annoyance was the steering wheel cocked slightly to the left when going straight, but that's just a minor fix.

The thing is, I know these are a FORTUNE to repair (My '08 Passat VR6 comes pretty close from what i've read though...) and I've only got about 4k miles or 4 months left on the warranty.

I'm putting in a call to the local Audi dealer (who has FULL service records on the car as they originally sold it) to see what they want to do an inspection on it.

Is there anything I should be wary of? Anything that I need to be sure that they look at first?

I love the car, and I've wanted an Audi ever since my dad owned a new 5000 Turbo back in '87.. I'm just wondering if the stars in my eyes are blinding me.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Old 08-22-2014, 03:44 PM
3rd Gear

According to Consumers Reports, the Audis have been steadily improving in quality over the last decade. If you have good service records and it was well maintained (and you do the same), you should be all right. I just put brakes on my wife's 2007 Mercury Milan and it was only a couple hundred more than brakes on my daughter's 2003 A4 3.0. Yes, there are some expensive repairs, but most cars are going electronic rather than mechanical and it seems this computerize stuff is more expensive to fix. Add to it all the bells, whistles, and features on an Audi and there is a lot more to go wrong. Even my A6, with 231k - I fixed the headlight washers once and then figured I could live without them; did not bother getting the a/c fixed (it's my winter driver in MI); but when the fuel pump died at 230k I had no choice but to spend $850 to replace it.

As far as the steering wheel, it could be an alignment issue (did they replace the tires) but also the wide, low profile tires tend to follow truck ruts or the crown of the highway which results in the wheel not being absolutely "straight".

Did you buy it??