Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RADIO CODE - DISCONNECTING BATTERY

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:49 PM
1st Gear
Default RADIO CODE - DISCONNECTING BATTERY

99 A6 AVANT - BOSE CONCERT RADIO - iF i DISCONNECT THE BATTERY, DO i HAVE TO REPROGRAM THE RADIO WHEN i PUT A NEW BATTERY BACK IN. iF SO, HOW DO i GET THE CODES BEFORE i DISCONNECT THE BATTERY AND HOW DO I RE-ENTER THEM AFTER THE BATTERY IS RE-CONNECTED???

Old 07-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Default RE: RADIO CODE - DISCONNECTING BATTERY

haven't you got a book on the radio?? you should have a code for it with the documents you got with the car and yes you will lose the code, you could clamp another battery to the terminals while your changing the battery this way you wont lose the code because your keeping it live

Old 07-24-2006, 01:59 PM
1st Gear

You can also buy a plug that goes in your cigarette lighter to hold the power. Most auto parts stores have them.

The previous owner of my car did what the book recommends, they took the card with the number out!! There is a 4 digit number written in the book, but it's too high numerically so it can't be the right number.

I hear the dealers charge about $60 to get the code for you.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:17 PM
1st Gear

Look in your radio manual, you should have a tear-card inside the cover with a 4-digit code. If it is missing (the book or the card) then you have to get the code from the dealer ($$).

If you swap out the battery quickly enough, there is no need to enter the security code. However, if the radio says SAFE when you reconnect everything, then you will need the code. I've done a number of disconnects, from battery swaps and other electrical mods that required the battery to be disconnected, and I think about half the time (when the battery is off for several minutes), the car asks me for the security code.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:36 PM
1st Gear

Hello.
Caution:

not to lose what is programmed in your car ((for example memories of the radio or the automatic closing of the doors):
connect a pile of 9V on cigarette lighter

Old 07-24-2006, 03:39 PM

that's the one[sm=groupwave.gif] been looking every where for that, that's what I use

Old 07-24-2006, 10:01 PM

I just pulled my stock radio out and found the CODE written on the side of the radio. Its very simple and easy. Just dont use any metal to pull the radio out...lol ( blew a fuse like a dumbazz)

Old 07-24-2006, 10:39 PM
3rd Gear

SEARCH!!!!!!!!!! [:@]

Old 07-24-2006, 10:49 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: zat0rsk1

I just pulled my stock radio out and found the CODE written on the side of the radio. Its very simple and easy. Just dont use any metal to pull the radio out...lol ( blew a fuse like a dumbazz)
I would NOT count on that being the case. That was probably done by the previous owner -- certainly not by Audi. Not a very big theft deterant if thieves can count on the code being written on the side of the head unit.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:11 PM

lol , yea your right. But hey search the forums. I found out that most of the time the code is written in the booklet. But search the forums and there is a post teaching you how to enter the code. IE: hit certain buttons and hold , blah blah blah.......

Quick Reply: RADIO CODE - DISCONNECTING BATTERY