Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Fog ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Banned
Default Rear Fog ?

ok so i want my rear fogs to work and i have a 99 a6 quattro, the right rear fog light does not have a bulb socket in it or anything..its just like sealed off and i only have one on the left side.. how can i get one on the right side?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Rear Fog ?

That's how it's supposed to be, just the one marker on the driver's side. If I'm not mistaken, the right socket does not even have power going to it, as well as being blocked off (someone please jump in and correct me if I'm off base with that). I suppose you could run a wire off of the drivers side socket to power the passenger side, but the additional draw might trip a warning of some sort. The car, for better or for worse, is not dumb.

Might we ask why you want both sides to work?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:40 PM

There was a thread about this a few weeks back.... The answer given was in Germany evidently your only allowed to have one rear fog, but it looks awkward so Audi makes it look like there are 2. Also I'm sure you can splice the fog wire and rig somthing up if you really cared, but how often do you use the fog really? I wish it were 2 because I have been pulled over 2x now on snowy nights and they told me to fix it...

Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

You're right, in most of Europe they only use 1 rear fog on the drivers side. If there was 2 they could be mistaken for some one riding the brake. In Europe if you did rig up the right side you'd probably be pulled over and given a warning.

Think 2 front fog lights (only to be used in foggy/ snowy conditions) and 1 rear fog light, to alert the driver behind you that's going 15 clicks faster than every body else in real poor visibility. It's a visibility / safety issue, not cosmetic.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:04 PM
2nd Gear

True, back home our vehicles only have [or had anyway]one. The a6 only had one working rear fog light, thr right being ther just for looks basically.
This keeps coming up in threads evvery few months.
My car has two rear working fog lights from the factory, I think someone said that they had starting in 02 or 03.
Someone also said they were able to rig something up to get two on an earlier model...
You should search on this forum and AW

Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: formulagigi

True, back home our vehicles only have [or had anyway]one. The a6 only had one working rear fog light, thr right being ther just for looks basically.
This keeps coming up in threads evvery few months.
My car has two rear working fog lights from the factory, I think someone said that they had starting in 02 or 03.
Someone also said they were able to rig something up to get two on an earlier model...
You should search on this forum and AW
Formula is right and I was one of them who posted back then I too have a 99 A6 2.8 Quattro and have wired the second light in. Its all about preference. I did it because I was actually pulled over and had to explain to the cop that its not a taillight and its made like that with one for European law. It just doesnt make sense that they can have ungoverned engines yet have a dumb fog light law at one point hahahha. If you have any ?'s just ask!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Banned

ok yea i want both to work just because it looks so much better with one on each side..i have a friend with a 04 a6 and hers both light up and it looks sweet..but i would just like em to have and they look cool from behind.. and keep people aware....but yea i opened up the back trunk and theres no bulb or anything inside the right one..i would splice it and wire it to the left one but how do i get a bulb for the left one? or the socet? its like a dummy fog to put it in other words...

Old 04-02-2008, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

go to your local auto store tell them what your doing and they should be able to hook you right up. They did for me atleast

Old 04-03-2008, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

I just want you all to know my 2003 2.7T both rear fogs light up in the back. It came like this from the dealer. I think 03-04 doesnt have this issue.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:20 PM
2nd Gear

started in 02

Quick Reply: Rear Fog ?