Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced Transmission....I'm so tired of it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Default Replaced Transmission....I'm so tired of it!

Mentioned before that I had to replace my transmission on my A6 2.4 2000 model. (Automatic Gear) Well that's done now and I had several return visits but now I'm confused. I believe it was doing OK after I picked it up. A few days later the car starts shaking again when I'm accelerating, not always but sometimes. It behaves as before the repair. It only shift the gear now more smoothly after repair. When driving on my cruise control it is smooth the whole way 150km.

I'm now confused because maybe there were two problems, engine and transmission. If the shaking comes from the engine how can I find out if its engine or its transmission?

I'm getting so tired of going up and down to that place!

ed

Old 03-31-2010, 02:48 PM
2nd Gear

Have you ever considered the pieces of advice knowledgeable people provided to your questions?

Have you ever retrieved any DTC?

HAVE YOU CHANGEd YOUR MECHANIC?
(I have the feeling you’re asking but not listening)

Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah you have a CVT, thats the biggest peice of crap audi ever engineered. They are also uber touchy so if your mechanic hasn't messed with a lot of them before he easilly could have messed up the fluid level. It may "SEEM" like the engine is the problem, but trust me that transmission can make the idle bump, hunt, buck, jerk, slip (or what feels like slipping) and so on. Im gonna take a gander and say he put in a used transmission?

Old 03-31-2010, 08:01 PM
1st Gear

you got a CEL (check engine light)? if so the dtc's on there would be helpful, even if u dont have a cel run it and im sure it may kick out some other dtc's as well that could help diagnos

Old 03-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Default no choice

Originally Posted by nemohm
Have you ever considered the pieces of advice knowledgeable people provided to your questions?

Have you ever retrieved any DTC?

HAVE YOU CHANGEd YOUR MECHANIC?
(I have the feeling you’re asking but not listening)
Well changing mechanic is not easy for two reasons. I have paid already a lot of money to him, second there are not many companies here who can work on Audi transmissions.

He did a DTC before and I saw myself there was a transmission ratio problem but that was fixed later.

The transmission is re-used and he used the inner parts of it. A new one would have been too expensive for this old car. On my second visit he had to replace the booster pump as the shifting didn't went well. that's OK now but the shaking came back.

With all the money spend maybe its getting time to say goodbye to this car but MAN I still love the drive, despite all misery!

Ed