Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius radio "Linking"

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 09:39 PM
1st Gear
Default sirius fix?

folks, Sirius has a very nice customer support lady trying to help out with that malfunctioning

my aim software is 27.2.0 and the latest aim software is around 35 for the a6 3.2 wagon, so we will see if an upgrade helps!

Old 02-11-2014, 01:19 PM
1st Gear
Default Sirius "Linking" update

Have still not fixed this problem and here is what I have done to date;
1.) Had MMI checked and am running the most recent update.
2.) Bought aftermarket antenna to eliminate the shark fin as possible cause. No change.
3.) Finally bought replacement receiver off ebay and installed it. It worked flawlessly for 2 days and then the problem started happening again. I was so pumped when it was working. Thought I nailed it! No dice.
It just makes no sense to me that it will work perfectly for extended periods and switch to "Linking" mode 90% of the time beyond that. If anyone has isolated this problem, please let us know what we need to do. I want my Satellite radio!
Thanks,

Old 05-28-2014, 01:16 AM
1st Gear
Default Any more info?

Originally Posted by Zeke13
Have still not fixed this problem and here is what I have done to date;
1.) Had MMI checked and am running the most recent update.
2.) Bought aftermarket antenna to eliminate the shark fin as possible cause. No change.
3.) Finally bought replacement receiver off ebay and installed it. It worked flawlessly for 2 days and then the problem started happening again. I was so pumped when it was working. Thought I nailed it! No dice.
It just makes no sense to me that it will work perfectly for extended periods and switch to "Linking" mode 90% of the time beyond that. If anyone has isolated this problem, please let us know what we need to do. I want my Satellite radio!
Thanks,
Has there been any breakthroughs or conclusions drawn as to what is going on? Zeke, I have an 06 that is doing the same thing. I've tried steps 1 and 2 with no success also. Kind of a leery about buying a new receiver since you had limited success. Any updates are appreciated

Old 05-28-2014, 07:56 AM
1st Gear
Default follow up

bot used sirius module on ebay for 250 bux and bingo it works now. total cost with all the trials tests etc 1000 bux
bad

fred

Old 05-28-2014, 01:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Encouraging

Thanks for the update Fred. I'm starting my quest for a different receiver and you've given me hope! I'll post my results soon.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Problem Solved

I also replaced the Sirius receiver unit. It took 2 different ones to solve the problem, so I would be sure to get one that is tested and said to be working. If you go to the Audi parts dealer with your VIN #, they will tell you what radios will work in your car, Mine was a B (first generation), but a D and N would work as well.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Fixed

Thanks for the reply Zeke. I found one brand new on Ebay and mine also works perfectly now. Simple swap out. Works even with my garage door down. Thanks again all...

Old 06-16-2014, 10:37 AM
1st Gear

Hello,

How can I can upgrade my MMI so I can fix my XMSirus linking I have a 2005 A6 3.2? Where do I find the CD's and instructions

Old 06-18-2014, 02:57 PM
1st Gear
Default MMI Update info

I never updated mine because my vehicle was running the latest software. There is a guy on ebay who will send the discs to upgrade and offers customer service. The other option is the Audi dealer.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Hey Im having the sirius xm linking problem

Originally Posted by igorek_k
I had same problem as you with my 06 A6 4.2 S-Line. I've just updated MMI to a newer version and it works flawlessly now. Let me know if you need the CD's and step by step instructions.
would you be able to tell me were or how I can get the CD to fix the problem

Quick Reply: Sirius radio "Linking"