AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   Sirius radio "Linking" (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/sirius-radio-linking-189991/)

Zeke13 12-03-2012 10:41 AM

Sirius radio "Linking"

The Sirius radio in my 2006 A6 4.2 has recently been going into “Linking” mode and not coming out of it or cutting in and out periodically. I’m not sure what to do. I did have a new signal hit sent from Sirius, but it did not help. It appears to be an antenna problem. Is there anyone else who has had the same problem and been able to correct or troubleshoot it? Just an FYI regarding signal location, I am in Michigan. Thanks.

SXM_Help 12-04-2012 03:34 PM

Hi there -

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time acquring a signal from us. We would like the opportunity to troubleshoot with you. Send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be in touch with you today.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

igorek_k 12-13-2012 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zeke13 (Post 1414293)
The Sirius radio in my 2006 A6 4.2 has recently been going into “Linking” mode and not coming out of it or cutting in and out periodically. I’m not sure what to do. I did have a new signal hit sent from Sirius, but it did not help. It appears to be an antenna problem. Is there anyone else who has had the same problem and been able to correct or troubleshoot it? Just an FYI regarding signal location, I am in Michigan. Thanks.

I had same problem as you with my 06 A6 4.2 S-Line. I've just updated MMI to a newer version and it works flawlessly now. Let me know if you need the CD's and step by step instructions.

Flugelangriff 07-10-2013 02:16 PM

Sirius linking help - a6

I had same problem as you with my 06 A6 4.2 S-Line. I've just updated MMI to a newer version and it works flawlessly now. Let me know if you need the CD's and step by step instructions.

I have a 2006 A6 4.2 which has also been having bad linking issues for about 6-8 months now. I have been ignoring it, but it's driving me nuts now, and I'm not going to continue my Sirius subscription if I can't fix it. I contacted Sirius and they supposedly reset something and sent a new signal, but it didn't help. They said if that didn't work, I needed to go to the dealer, or it might be an antenna issue. I really don't want to go to the dealership (for obvious reasons). I'd be grateful for ANY help on this and would work something out with you. Hopefully you get this soon as it's been 7 months since your post.

Flugelangriff 07-10-2013 02:18 PM

Have same car with same issues... did you ever resolve this problem?

igorek_k 07-17-2013 12:56 PM

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I will send you a link to the CDs and instructions on how to do it when I get home from work.

Flugelangriff 08-14-2013 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by igorek_k (Post 1441199)
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I will send you a link to the CDs and instructions on how to do it when I get home from work.

Was wondering if you ever sent the link for the mmi thing? ANY help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for anything you can do to assist with this issue.

deepee58 10-14-2013 06:15 PM

Sirus Radio Linking

Hello,

I am haveing the same "linking" issue with my 2005 A6. If someone could send me the link for the MMI upgrades I would be most appreciative.

FredDebros 10-19-2013 01:23 PM

same here! audi reprogrammed and said everything is ok on their side!
i was about to get another module!
my audi is a 2006 audi 4.2 avant and sirius randomly konks out

any help? was sirius helpful? what about reprogramming? my dealer wants 120 bux just for that....

fred

FredDebros 10-19-2013 01:36 PM

could you send me the same please?
fdebros@partners.org