Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Southboro and BD....May I have some input on a suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:12 AM
1st Gear
Default Southboro and BD....May I have some input on a suspension

I just purchased a new set of H&R sport springs from a friend who decided not to use them. I see almost everyone here talks up the coilovers which I know are awesome.

My problem is I just recently moved and things are just a little tight. I want to lower my car and I know springs are not enough to get a good stable and handling ride. Can I add

a set of H sport sway bars to give me what I need or is there even more too think about?

Thanks in advance!

OOOO

Old 08-17-2006, 11:28 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Southboro and BD....May I have some input on a suspension

BD will probably know a bit more on this (and virtually everything else A6), but here's my take...

The springs will lower you but you may find that ride quality suffers if you don't also get new shocks that have a higher damping rate. Unfortunately, those are the most expensive part of the suspension to upgrade. You can add the sway bars to the mix at any time and they WILL increase the stability of the car. So, if you do the springs + sways, you'll have a car that is lower and more stable, but one that doesn't ride as well -- abrupt bumps will be transmitted through the suspension more.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:39 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Southboro and BD....May I have some input on a suspension

I had a feeling shocks would fall into the equation! Great info know, thanks for your knowledge as always!