Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 2 or 3 A6??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Stage 2 or 3 A6??

Can anyone tell me what to look for on this car to figure out what stage it is?

It's got a bad turbo and the guy I bought it from doesn't know anything about the car.

I am trying to find an easy way to figure out how I can find out if its got a tune, fuel pump, injectors, turbos, clutch, etc.

Stuff I know for sure it has:

-APR intake
-APR bi pipe
-Dual exhaust
-Different Bypass valves

On top of that its got Stoptech brakes, Coilovers, Superlaggeras, shifter, etc. so I know someone has put some serious money in the car...

Old 11-04-2010, 07:59 PM
2nd Gear

best way I can think of its to just see if you can find part numbers on what you can see and see if those are OEM. The trouble here is that so many of the commonly upgraded parts can't be easily seen.

If you have a bad turbo you need to pull the engine anyway... from there you might be doing some investigative deconstruction.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:06 PM
1st Gear

Well, what I was really hoping is that someone knew of this car...

Next week Ill yank the motor and check it out for myself I guess...

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Stage 2 or 3 A6??-dsc03334.jpg  
Old 11-05-2010, 11:15 AM
3rd Gear

No offense, but you are going to pull the motor out to check what stage it is?

What the hell is a stage? My car has bumper stickers, so does that make it stage 1.5?

Seriously, pulling a motor is not happening overnight and information that you are looking for will not reveal itself by removing the motor.

And you believe that the guy you got it from doesn't know anything about car? Judging from the picture it also has aftermarket exhaust. And since you tell us that it has **** load of APR goodies, I may suspect that it has APR tune. If you are lucky, the previous owner got the switching option. Go to the APR website and read about how you can activate it.

If the previous guy didn't know **** about the car, then you probably won't see these things on the car. For some reason, it is not computing in my head...

I recommend that you befriend a person who knows about Audis. Go get yourself a VAGcom, a Bentley manual, and a second job to support your new habit.

Good looking car though...

Old 11-07-2010, 12:28 AM
1st Gear

I needed to pull the motor regardless... but specifically to see what turbos are on the car as well as clutch...

I tracked down the previous owner...

The car has a lot of nice stuff I found out... So I am just going to upgrade and make it a "3+" car for a little winter toy to play with...