Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Wheel/Under Seat Vibration over 70mph

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

Have your tires Road Force Balanced - you will never let your tires be balanced by any other machine. Furthermore, ask if you can watch the process. Tire balancing does not last for the life of the tire and the process is only as good as the technician doing the balancing. A tech who is also an auto enthusiast is going to watch out for your best interest because they typically share your concerns.

After doing such, my hunch is that your vibration issues will be vastly improved. Wringing out the last bits a vibration might be more easily accomplished after properly balancing the largest turning masses on your vehicle.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:30 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by busrider
Have your tires Road Force Balanced - you will never let your tires be balanced by any other machine. Furthermore, ask if you can watch the process. Tire balancing does not last for the life of the tire and the process is only as good as the technician doing the balancing. A tech who is also an auto enthusiast is going to watch out for your best interest because they typically share your concerns.

After doing such, my hunch is that your vibration issues will be vastly improved. Wringing out the last bits a vibration might be more easily accomplished after properly balancing the largest turning masses on your vehicle.
Thanks busrider. Just scheduled a road force balance. $120 is much cheaper than troubleshooting with the driveshaft or anything else so we'll see how it goes.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

Road force balanced all tires and the vibrations are pretty much gone! Still can feel a little bit, but I guess my tires are pretty feathered from riding on busted control arms awhile back. Probably won't see 100% change until I get new tires. Good to know it wasn't anything else! Thanks for all the help guys.