Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions Please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 03:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Suggestions Please!

Just trying to find out some information on here about my
2002 Audi A6 2.7t Quattro biturbo automatic with 130k miles on her. She has a few problems but she looks beautiful. I am currently deployed for the 2nd time with the Army and when I return home I am wanting to make a few changes but would like some free advice. First of all, I have an oil leak and I have replaced all seals and gaskets but still having oil leak and also having some leaking in the transmission. I was thinking about doing a complete engine and transmission swap. Maybe take an A4 single turbo engine and transmission? Would everything line up? Looking at the 2.0t or the 3.0t or should I just stick with the same motor? Is it worth the money?

Old 06-25-2012, 07:55 PM
3rd Gear

No offence, but keep the 2.7T. Nothing is impossible, but I haven't heard anyone do a 2.0T or 3.0T into a C5 chassis. Newer cars are CANbus protocol and none of the electronics will work with the new ecu easily.

Not to mention that 2.7T has the most potential out of the 3 for HP gain...

Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 PM
1st Gear
Default power adders?

I've got a 97 a6 and my my manifold was leaking right at the collector due to a bad gasket and i noticed the decrease in back pressure made my car run faster, so with that being said and a big pay check recieved I'm looking to put a set of headers and do all the bolt ons for my car. any siggestions as to where to shop or what tp buy any thoughts would be greatly appreciated lol

Old 06-25-2012, 08:53 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hxgaser
No offence, but keep the 2.7T. Nothing is impossible, but I haven't heard anyone do a 2.0T or 3.0T into a C5 chassis. Newer cars are CANbus protocol and none of the electronics will work with the new ecu easily.

Not to mention that 2.7T has the most potential out of the 3 for HP gain...
X2 the 3.0t is more powerful if we're talking stock. But the internals in the 2.7T cant be compared to the 3.0T

Old 06-26-2012, 12:20 PM
1st Gear
Default out of ideas

@HX I have torn apart the engine all the way to the head gaskets twice to find the oil leak. Even replaced all gaskets and seals and I am still having a leak. Its coming from the back left up at the top. I have looked and looked and cannot find out where it is coming from. It keeps dripping down onto the headers and causing it to smoke really bad. So your saying I should just get a whole new motor with lesser miles on it bc I have no other ideas as to what to do.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:38 PM
3rd Gear

Left as in drive side or the passenger side???

Old 06-27-2012, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

passenger side

Old 06-27-2012, 03:14 PM
3rd Gear

There are 4 places where oil can leak on the passenger side head area. (Unless you have a catastrophic failure obviously...) They are:

- Valve cover
- Cam Plug
- Cam chain tensioner gasket
- Cam chain tensioner half moon seal

Did you replace all of these?

Old 06-28-2012, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

I changed all of them but one and that would be the Cam chain tensioner gasket. Someone else told me the same thing but then again you have to have that special tool to even take that off. When I return back to the states from deployment I am going to give it a whirl and try to fix the leak one last time and if it continues to leak I am just gonna give up on the Audi and trade it in on a new car. I really hope I can fix this problem.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ncooper1
I changed all of them but one and that would be the Cam chain tensioner gasket. Someone else told me the same thing but then again you have to have that special tool to even take that off. When I return back to the states from deployment I am going to give it a whirl and try to fix the leak one last time and if it continues to leak I am just gonna give up on the Audi and trade it in on a new car. I really hope I can fix this problem.
You have to change the cam adjuster seals AKA CCTG along with the valve covers gaskets. If not the leaks will come back. The 2,7 motor leaks oil. You fix it it will leak again in a year or two. There is no problem with having the leak except the smell and constantly checking oil level.

Quick Reply: Suggestions Please!