Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof problem... and maybe realted trunk issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:19 AM
2nd Gear
Default Sunroof problem... and maybe realted trunk issue?

Well this weekend the A6 was left in a parking ramp most of the time. Anyway, I go to get into my car this afternoon and the trunk wont open. I push the open button on my fob as i normally do, I hear the lock move and I usually can just open it with the handle. Not this time. Well so I use my actual key and stick it in there and I realize that the lock is normally vertical, and it was horizontal now. I turn it and presto it works fine now, just like it used to. Well then I start driving and I open the sunroof and now it wont close! It is acting very un-normal and I can get it to close about 1/5th of the way, but thats it. I know that the switches are known to go bad on audis, I just thought the trunk lock happening at the same time was strange. Anyone heard of these problems before?

Old 07-30-2007, 01:54 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Sunroof problem... and maybe realted trunk issue?

The trunk did the same to me. I have an appointment with the dealer in the morning to check it out but also to have my radio code put in. I don't know if it was the dead battery or it sitting in the drive way for aweek? Will let you know what the dealer says.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:46 AM
2nd Gear

That would be awesome, please let me know man!

Old 07-30-2007, 04:43 PM

Did you try putting the key in the door and closing the sunroof - locking it and holding it that is?

Old 07-30-2007, 08:29 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: scout2

Did you try putting the key in the door and closing the sunroof - locking it and holding it that is?
Just tried that... no go... Wouldn't that mean there is something wrong with that actual motor then? Since I wasn't using the switch to close it at all? Idk...

Old 07-31-2007, 07:42 AM
2nd Gear

Sounds like a motor or a track issue. There is a process spelled out in your Owner's Manual on closing the sunroof manually. Try this to eliminate the track as an issue. Then, just leave it closed....

Bob

Old 07-31-2007, 08:36 AM
1st Gear

could u hear the motor still trying to go and the sunroof not moving? or it doesnt sound like its trying to move the sunroof?
if the motor going and the sunroof not moving or is the sunroof crooked? if so then its oout of the track or out of the gear.
if the motors not going then its your motor lol.

Can you go to the fully open position? from the 1/5 way? if not then it could easily be out of track or the gear on the motor is stripped?

well if you are in need of a sunroof we have a complete assembly for about $298 its used. but you can probably negiotate the price with them.
here is the link
http://standardautowreckers.net/asp/...p?ID=467974817

Old 07-31-2007, 09:20 AM
2nd Gear

Hey bob, I dont have the owners manual...[&:] Is there a way you can tell me? I would at least like to get it closed so I can drive my car!

I can hear the motor trying to move when I first turn the ****. There is also a weird clicking noise that I normally dont hear. I dont know what that is all about.

SilverGT, The roof will go to the 1/5 postion everytime. Altho I have to PUSH on the know as if I was going to pop the sunroof up. And then PULL the **** to go to the fully open position. Then if it is in the 1/5 closed position and I turn the **** at all, it will always go back to fully open.

Thank you for all your help guys!

Old 07-31-2007, 11:28 AM
1st Gear

i'll go in the warehouse because im at work right now lol and check out what its looks like.

describe your explanation one more time i didnt quite understand what u were trying to say.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 AM
2nd Gear

Great thanks man!

But basically when the sunroof is all the way open. I can PUSH up on the **** and then it will go to the 1/5 closed position. Then when it is in the 1/5 closed position, then I can either PULL the **** and it will open all the way again or if I twist the **** either direction it will open all the way again. Then if its all the way open and I twist the **** then it sounds like the motor wants to move, but it doesn't. And I get a loud clicking noise when it slides all the way open and sometimes when I turn the know and the motor tries to go. Does this make sense? Probably not... but if you need anymore info please ask! Thanks a ton bro!

Quick Reply: Sunroof problem... and maybe realted trunk issue?