Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switched ICM's Now Runnin Worst+ "hissing"

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:38 AM
1st Gear
Exclamation Switched ICM's Now Runnin Worst+ "hissing"

please keep this in mind:THE CAR WAS RUNNING PRETTY GOOD, WAS SHAKING A LIL AT SLOW SPEEDS B4 I WORKED ON IT... So CEL is on I got P0304 from Scanner.So I swapped coils from cyl 4 with another, still cyl 4 was not firing. I read on the forum that Audi has 2 ICM's, and if u switch them around the misfire should jump to the other side if the ICM is bad. So thats what I did and the misfire did go to the other side.

okay so i thought GREAT!!! i can just go pick 1 up tmrw,But when I started it to drive it home the car was idling rough missing,when I tried to drive you can hear this "hissing" sound like from the turbo.

switched back the ICM's and still same problem ! why wouldnt it just go back to the way it was running b4!? At least it was still very much drivable.

THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL HELP!!!!!

Old 10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
1st Gear

after you swapped your icm, did you clear the codes and drive a bit?

are you sure you swapped out the right one?

if you hear a hissing now, but didnt before, it is possible a vacuum line broke or came loose while you were working on it. my vacuum lines crumble if i look at them funny.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:51 PM
1st Gear

Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/loss of power
- Hard start
- Engine hesitation
Possible causes- Faulty spark plug 4
- Faulty ignition coil 4
- Ignition coil 4 harness is open or shorted
- Ignition coil 4 poor electrical connection
- Clogged or faulty fuel injector 4
- Injector 4 harness is open or shorted
- Injector 4 poor electrical connection
- Improper spark plug 4
- Insufficient cylinder 4 compression
- Incorrect fuel pressure
- Intake air leak

When is the code detected?
Engine Cylinder 4 is Misfiring.

P0304 AUDI Description
When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor signal to vary, the Engine Control Module (ECM) can determine that a misfire is occurring.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

Ok replaced Icm's replaced MAF the car is running on all 6 cylinders ....when I drive it now I still here a lot of hissing like from the TURBO . And the car still drives crappy,it is hesitating real bad. When I disconnect the MAF the car drives much better but the hissing is still there. I'm really confused about this any info is very appreciated