Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Take a look at these rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Default Take a look at these rims

thinking about getting these rims for my silver 2002 a6. i think they look great but ive never heard of this manfufacturer i just stumbled upon them on ebay. what bothers me is that they are dirt cheap at 449 plus 90 s&h. thanks for any suggestions/comments..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Hy...spagenameZWDVW

Old 05-03-2008, 03:46 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Take a look at these rims

Lot of knock offs on ebay are cheap quality wheels...make sure its under warranty against any defects etc. Also, I dont know if the colors are going to fade or cause issues.

I would buy Hartmann RS4 replicas...you pay higher price but they are made in europe and are high quality wheels.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

I like these.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:39 AM
1st Gear

I think Kevin is getting kickbacks for that wheel company hehe

Old 05-04-2008, 12:24 PM
2nd Gear

I wish.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:06 PM

I can't speak for their painted wheels but. We just put a setof their M replica chrome wheels on a friends 740il and the chrome was beautiful better than alot of big dollar aftermarket wheels. I think with tires it came to like $1100. We'll see how they hold up but so far I'm impressed.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 AM
2nd Gear

I read on a nother forum that that company had several negative feedback on line....
usually when it is too good to be true....

Old 05-05-2008, 01:23 AM
2nd Gear

Taken from a mustang forum... what horrible customer serice!

"I purchased 95 cobra R replicas wheels from this company on ebay "O.E. Wheel Distributers" and I don't recommend buying wheels from them. I bought them a year ago and the outside face chrome is still "ok" but the inside wheelwell is peeling badly. When the wheels arrived they were in a box labeled "Detroit Wheels".

Knowing what I know now, I would get genuine real Ford wheels. Save your $."

"Info about wheels on Ebay. Long - 07-15-04, 11:23 PM
[/align]
[hr]
[/align][/align]

[/align]
Hey everyone. There is a company selling wheels on Ebay appear to be OEM at first, but they state in the ad they are replicas. The company is called O.E. Wheel Distributors. I sent them a mail regarding what I thought was a bit underhanded auction title and they were a bit angry at me for it. I don't know anything at all about the wheels, they may be great, I just know they are not OEM. Here is the mail thread.

My Last Response:
Listen, as a Mustang enthusiast and consumer, I have a right to question your products. It APPEARS that in your auctions, you are selling Original Equipment wheels. Which mean they are made by Ford Motorsport, Saleen, Steeda, or whoever. The wheels you sell might be made by the same people who make the original wheels, but that is not an OEM wheel. It is a replica wheel made for you by the same manufacturer and you should state that. I am saying that your auction leads people to believe that it is an Original Equipment wheel they are buying. Someone could easily miss the fact that they are replica's and are not subject to the extreme scrutiny of Ford, Saleen, or Steeda. They have very strict guidelines for quality and tolerances and the ability to check and enforce them. They also have a large reputation to protect as well. That is why we pay more for the real Cobra wheels vs. replicas.

I am not sure I understand the hostility really. There is nothing wrong with selling a replica wheel. AFS does a booming business in replicas with great quality and customer service. When they post an auction, it is clearly stated that the wheel is a replica and they go into detail about the quality etc. If you call them up, they will happily tell you where they are made and other such information. You might take a lesson from them on that.

I am not thinking I can make a dent in your business by posting on Corral or Stangnet about your products. I had no intention of saying "They suck and are bad wheels". I don't have any info to make that claim. I didn't buy them and find them bent, flawed or broken. I didn't have one break for no reason on a car. I am not a liar. What concerns me is that average joe's looking for wheels might mistake them for OE when they are not and that is what I would post. If you have great quality wheels at a good price, then say so. Just make sure that the buyer is aware that they are not FMS, Saleen or Steeda wheels and that they are made for you by the OEM manufacturer.

As for calling me stupid, you might want to check your grammer, punctuation and maybe capitalize a sentence or two before calling names. At least your spelling is OK.

Mike
----- Original Message -----
To: Futureshock
Cc: shop
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: Question for item #7910549187 - O E 18" SILVER MUSTANG SALEEN WHEELS RIMS TIRES 94-04

are you really that stupid and i dont say that trying to be mean i am just wondering if you could be that stupid but here is the part i just realized if you are that stupid then you would not know it, is that right, oh that is right you would not know. do you really think that you are going to inform the world of something they do not know and then business is going to stop for us, the real truth here is the is your problem, so make sure you put this email in your protest and if you have a problem with the stupid thing make sure you call me and not be the scared person that you are

jim call me anytime

Thank you

Sales Staff
Jim, Sharon, James, Shawn, Hunter, Jesse, Eric

O.E. Wheel Distributors LLC.
3969 Sawyer Road
Sarasota, Florida

Office Hours
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm Eastern Time

E-Mail Address and Paypal address:
Completeoem@worldnet.att.net

Phone
1 941 921 0065
1 941 926 4745
1 866 273 3651 Toll Free

To: Complete OEM
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: Question for item #7910549187 - O E 18" SILVER MUSTANG SALEEN WHEELS RIMS TIRES 94-04

I understand that. It is still a bit misleading at first. It's like calling yourself B.B.S. Wheel Distributors. It is a good way to get traffic to your auctions, but they are not BBS wheels.

I am not usually a stickler for that kind of advertising, it's just I was about to bid on these wheels thinking they were Original Equipment 18" Saleen alloys. I read that they are replica's and not OE Saleen wheels and it just bothered me.

I will make sure that the Mustang community at large is aware that your wheels are replicas. Who makes them by the way? I am curious.

I can see why you are getting some negative feedback about your customer service.

Mike
To: shock96@comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 5:49 PM

oe is our name, try reading before speaking

Thank you

Sales Staff
Jim, Sharon, James, Shawn, Hunter, Jesse, Eric

O.E. Wheel Distributors LLC.
3969 Sawyer Road
Sarasota, Florida

Office Hours
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm Eastern Time

E-Mail Address and Paypal address:
Completeoem@worldnet.att.net

Phone
1 941 921 0065
1 941 926 4745
1 866 273 3651 Toll Free

To: completeoem@worldnet.att.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 3:10 AM
Subject: Question for item #7910549187 - O E 18" SILVER MUSTANG SALEEN WHEELS RIMS TIRES 94-04

Question about your item

Dear moore9911,

You should change your ad to read REPLICA and not OE. Those wheels are not original equipment pieces. You are mis-representing them Mike

Item # Item Title Listing end date

7910549187 O E 18" SILVER MUSTANG SALEEN WHEELS RIMS TIRES 94-04 Jul-13-04

Thank you,
futureshock

Need help calculating shipping cost? Use the Shipping Calculator. "[/align]