AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   tips and suggestions for the new 2.7t owner (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/tips-suggestions-new-2-7t-owner-55914/)

histeel 03-02-2009 09:10 PM

audi warranty

just had to call the dealer today for a rear seat airbag sensor, when i bought my 2004 a6 last year i contacted audi about transferring the warranty into my name. I was told i had to send them a letter transferring the warranty to me with $150.00. this was done about a year ago, i called today to schedule the service and the tech told me I had no warranty it ran out at 500000 and they no longer transfer warranty's . Im not sure what i can do about this problem took it in this afternoon and just gave the service guy the original owners name and had no trouble but it makes me worry if i have any serious issues in the future. still have a year left on the 100000 mile warranty.

Amishaudi 03-03-2009 08:23 AM

rear air bag sensor

How hard is this to work on? My air bag sensor lite is on - and appeared right after I lowered the rear seat. Imagine that.. Anyone have experience with this?

histeel 03-03-2009 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Amishaudi (Post 1050409)
How hard is this to work on? My air bag sensor lite is on - and appeared right after I lowered the rear seat. Imagine that.. Anyone have experience with this?

need to scan with vag com could be seat sensor or seat belt buckle the vag com will tell you exactly what part you need to look at, the seat sensors are under the seat upolstery kind of rough to get to but can be done.

DeliaLovesHerAudi 03-03-2009 02:29 PM

I just bought an 02'A6 2.7T with around 110k miles on it. Just before I bought it, it had a timing belt replacement, o2 sensor replacement and new trans. fluid. Other than that I have been getting the oil changed with synthetic quite frequently. The car seems to be burning a LOT of oil. For example, most recently got the oil changed at 117.5k, car is now at 119k and after I started it and put it into reverse today smoke came out of the tail pipes like mad, checked the oil... and it is dry. Does anyone know what this could mean?? This is just one time, but continuously I am changing the oil way earlier than suggested for Synthetic blend. Should I plan on getting a new turbo?

lpite 03-05-2009 12:08 PM

Does anyone know what this could mean?? This is just one time, but continuously I am changing the oil way earlier than suggested for Synthetic blend. Should I plan on getting a new turbo?

maldorf 03-05-2009 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by lpite (Post 1051946)
Does anyone know what this could mean?? This is just one time, but continuously I am changing the oil way earlier than suggested for Synthetic blend. Should I plan on getting a new turbo?

The service guy at my local dealer told me that the synthetic oil burns up faster than conventional, and that it is not uncommon on the car to have to add some oil. It shouldnt be anything very significant though. I was having to add maybe 1/2 quart every 3500 miles.

steven hamilton 03-15-2009 04:33 PM

looking for parts for 1999 a6 any help

wammy18 03-15-2009 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by steven hamilton (Post 1057636)
looking for parts for 1999 a6 any help

What type of parts, I have intercoolers, hoses, full stock suspension and a few other things.

ljcaallroad 03-18-2009 12:18 PM

Turbos

Turbo

Great info for my 2.7T Allroad w/ 6sp man.

I just hit 110K, and would love to keep it, but your scaring the hell out of me about the turbos:

1) how much does it cost to replace?
2) what are the "dps" that you mentioned?

Thanks

silverbulleta6sport 04-14-2009 11:29 PM

Question what is a Dp
"A great way to extend the turbo life is to get Dp's. they will drop the exhaust temperature by 200 degs in some cases. not only that but they will alow the turbos to have less restriction and thus no work as hard to produce as much boost.

There is no reason not to get Dp's VAST performance sells tip and 6 speed Dp's for 400$"