AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   tips and suggestions for the new 2.7t owner (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/tips-suggestions-new-2-7t-owner-55914/)

Cappachinoo 07-05-2007 02:26 PM

RE: tips and suggestions for the new 2.7t owner

Never mind.

Cletus_Canuck 07-10-2007 02:30 PM

Thanks Muchly!
Printing this off.
Anybody have any tips on a good (and relatively cheap) Audi mechanic in the GTA?

ToxicFormula 07-27-2007 10:18 AM

BUMP. Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to use it when I go check out A6 tonight

k5gixxer 08-23-2007 10:28 AM

Wow....what a very good read! I have some ?'s though.....

Who can recommend a good replacement brake pad? I have the 321mm assembly and not a single shop here sells anything other that the ones I have just put on. They Suck!!! they sqweek really bad after several attempts to do things to quiet them....they still squeal!

If not Mobil 1 then what is recommended? Now that my car has over 115k, original turbo's so far, should I change to a different grade than the 5W-30?

Where is the MAF? I am assuming it's the Mass Air Flow sensor but where is it? And what are DP's?

someone took a look at my car with a VAG*COM and that thing is very cool and worth the investment! I as going to get one soon.

I'm glad this post was madea sticky.

seis29 08-27-2007 03:16 PM

dp? is that DOWN PIPE ?? where can i get one a6 2.7t 02

raddox 09-27-2007 11:08 AM

bump....for sure. Yeah I am curious about reasonably price DPs as well. the ones from APR are a grand plus change....with two kids and a wife...thats not going to fly.[sm=smiley13.gif]

Coors 09-30-2007 06:03 PM

Bump. Go PHILLS!

Baskin 4.2l 10-02-2007 05:30 AM

The piggie Dp's are the best bang there is VAST Performance.com there have been several people that are in the 11's with piggie Dp's don't believe the hype. you have a 2.7L motor that is 1.3 X 2 and a 1.3l or one side of the V in the V6 dose not need more than 2.25 inch exhaust. The other companies are playing on people and there thought that bigger is better well for 1000 less my thought is that piggies are WAY better

bleak17 10-14-2007 01:45 PM

I am having some problems with my 2004 A6 2.7T, I keep getting a engine coolant sensor high output error but my car isn't running hot. Also my car is starting to get sluggish and unreliable if i drive a while then stop at a gas station and shut it off when i come back somethimes it has a hard time starting.

What i've done that didn't help. Complete tuneup, airfilter, plugs, coils, regular oil changes, fuel filter.

The service tech at the dealership told me it might be the fuel pump but i don't want to spend 700 bucks to find out that he was wrong. Any suggestoins

tsbpenguin 10-18-2007 12:14 AM

If you've been running your car long and/or hard, let it idle for a minute before shutting it off. This effectively does the same thing as a turbo timer and extends the life of your turbo's extensively.

VAST dp's are $400 and just as good as the $1000-$2000 one's you'll buy from any other company.

What do you guys think about royal purple? I'm a maintenance whore so i do oil changes 3k-5k. And i always like to do it right, i've heard only good things about royal purple but haven't heard much from the audi community.