Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tiptronic gear shifter problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 06:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Tiptronic gear shifter problem

Last winter, especially on very cold days, the car didnt understand which gear the shifter was in. The info display showing P R N D 4 3 2 usually with a highlite around the actual gear was highliting ALL of them, not just D or R for example. Then, when using R or D, the car would shift really hard and go into limp mode (I think). I got some fault code saying intermittent error on some sensor, but I cant find the file where I saved the fault code. It only happened a few times so I didnt worry about it until now.

When I start the car now, the P is indicated. If I change to D, none of them are highlited (opposite to what happened last winter when all of them was highlited). When driving, it works fine exept: it wont change gear. Only 1. gear. If I change to 4. then 4 is highlited, and I can shift back to D, the D gets highlited and no worries. The car works fine. And this only happens maybe 1 of 5 times I drive the car. I dont currently have any fault codes for the transmission stored.

I still get the feeling I should replace something before this goes worse. Did a search,seems like people are having similar problems but not sure what to replace here? Any suggestions?