Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque and power questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:12 AM
1st Gear
Default Torque and power questions

Anyone know what the flow rating is on stock 2.7t injectors? Also does anyone know what the max rated torque on the tip tranny is? Basically I'm trying to find some weak links here.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:43 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Torque and power questions

I believe the torque rating of the Tip tranny is ~308 ft/lbs

Old 04-20-2007, 07:35 PM
1st Gear

So does that mean that you should't chip the car if you have a Tip tranny? Beacuse that would produce something like 350 lb ft of torque. Im curious about this question too, because I was looking into chips for my 03 2.7t A6. The mod would basically be new GIAC chip and new DVs. Will a Tip tranny handle that, and are there any other weak points to look at? Thanks!

Old 04-20-2007, 08:33 PM
1st Gear

the tranny holds with my chip and exhaust. +-380 ft/lb. I just need to know how much farther I can go.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear

The truth about the trans is that there has never been 1 person that has blown there trans because of too much power. the T/Q is a weak link tho it gets too hot so I would suggest sending it out to get modifyed if you upgrade your turbos.

there are A4 guys making 400whp on there trans with no issues the only mod is the t/q and v/b

I drive my car hard and my trans looks fine (i check the trans fluid every oil change)

get a tip chip that will help the trans shift faster thus not heating up the trans as much

stock injectors are good for 300WHP
that is a maxed out stage 2 pluss car

Old 04-20-2007, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

Not to be dense but, when you say t/q you're referring to torque converter right? Is that something that would need upgrading if all you are doing is chipping and new diverter valves, or only if you are upgrading to larger turbos? Thanks for the replies so far, good stuff. keep it comin!

Old 04-20-2007, 11:50 PM
1st Gear

hmmm. Thinking about it, probably not torque converter. So I give up, what the heck is the t/q? (last time i played with modifying a car it was a 73 Porsche, so not real up to speed on modern parts and their abbreiations yet) Thanks!

Old 04-20-2007, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

nah, refering to total torque output by the engine. I would tend to doubt that the torque converter would be a weak point of failure in the transmission (might contribute to slow shifting and poor launches though). The clutches in the auto trans would more than likley be the limiting factor, either that or a differential would give out.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:50 AM
1st Gear

I am sorry I ment T/C I have a pocket computer so it it hard tp proof read my posts.

the tc is the weak link in the trans. the clutches in the trans are quite beefy. I bought a spare trans incase I needed one I dissembled it and the internils look great very strong.

even on a stock cars the tc tends to go bad.

to extend the the life of the trans get a tip chip helps minimize the slipping of the clutches by speeding up the shifts and increasing the line prussure in the trans

you should not need to up grade you tc unless you are putting on bigger turbos

sorry about the bad abv

Old 07-26-2007, 12:37 AM
1st Gear

and a tip chip can be found WHERE?