Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourque Converter 17125 should I be alarmed

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Tourque Converter 17125 should I be alarmed

Ok I have read many posts about the torque converters in Audi's with the 2.7 Liter engines. I had my check engine light come on and it was this dreaded code. Now I took it in and got a huge estimate to replace the torque converter.

For giggles I took it to another transmission shop and he said the fluid was low and put some more fluid in and the light hasn't come back on....I guess I should say yet.

Has that ever taken care of this issue or should I just plan on getting a new torque converter. Also if the light comes back on how quickly do I need to get this done?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor

greetings, this code is a typical Audi issue , that will not be resolved by addng fluid,, there is some reengineering of the valve body and torque converter and internal componants that will resolve it once and for all,, your time frame is unknown but is never gets better until it is resolved

Old 04-11-2011, 04:48 PM
2nd Gear

Best way to take care of it is to drive it down to a dealer and trade it in.

Also, add the year of your car to your post. Different years had diifernt issues.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
1st Gear
Default It's a 2000 A6 with the 2.7 dual turbo engine

I was able to get it to pass NYS inspection. So I have a year on the inspection before the check engine light is an issue for inspection. Seems odd it hasn't come back on. I had reset it when first came on and it popped on again after about 40 miles. I added the tranny fluid about 100 miles ago and still no light.

I was hopeful but once it hits again I'll probably cut my ties with it. It's 11 years old and this could be the flood gates opening. I sure wish that Audi would have considered a recall.