Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission!!! I'm gonna Sh*t myself :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Unhappy Transmission!!! I'm gonna Sh*t myself :(

Hi all! Hope you can help me on this one.

2005 a6 4.2L Q 85k miles

For a couple of days i have noticed a slight hesitation, could not figure out if it was the road or the car. (it was that minor and very rare)

Now this morning, when I accelerate, the car either nudges as it shifts or almost slips and the big part sometimes it will get very solid boosts of power from the trans like a kick but several.

Also, this does not happen at grandma acceleration or hard acceleration.

Anyone have this happen?

Man this car still smells new i hope its nothing major.

Any suggestions on where to take it to in Michigan?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Old 11-24-2009, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

If your in the Detroit area like me, ask Vast Prefomance. They specialize in Audis and Volkswagens. Did you buy it new or used? Are you still under warranty?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

Maybe your MAF (Mass Air Flow) is going bad. Mine started going bad on my 2.7T and it would sputter and just feel really weird while driving. I cleaned it with some brake parts cleaner and it stopped.
I also thought it could be bad spark plugs. So I cleaned my spark plugs wth brake parts cleaner also.

Do the RPMs sputter?

When you say it gets big boosts of energy sometimes what do you mean? Under acceleration? Does it feel as if someone rear ended you? Mine does that VERY RARELY.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:47 PM
2nd Gear

Lyosha,

If I recall from your prior posts you discussed that you drive the car at 145 mph and have been complaining about the engine light flashing on your dash. Was the flashing engine light ever diagnosed? Considering the car has 85K miles on it, has the ATF or differential fluids ever been changed. I would get the MIL diagnosed and consider changing the fluids.

Kevin

Old 11-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Kevin
Lyosha,

If I recall from your prior posts you discussed that you drive the car at 145 mph and have been complaining about the engine light flashing on your dash. Was the flashing engine light ever diagnosed? Considering the car has 85K miles on it, has the ATF or differential fluids ever been changed. I would get the MIL diagnosed and consider changing the fluids.

Kevin

Thats good advice. I would also like to add you need to invest in a VAG COM. www.ross-tech.com

Old 03-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Default The Fix

Hi everyone,

I know its been almost a half a year, I was away on business, busy season.
However i still want to thank all of you for your reply's and great advice.
Here is what happened:

The Engine light was a $15 gas tank vent

The Sputtering and what i thought was a transmission issue actually ended up being a short in the coil wires. Previous guy who did the sparks pulled one of the wires of and it was grounding out in random increments. Found this myself when the diag called for a coil and after replacing it, it was still calling it. a little soldering and i had a nice big smile on my face.

Thanks again you guys are great!