Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunning compromise longevity?

Old 02-13-2014, 02:28 AM
1st Gear
Default Tunning compromise longevity?

I love my A6 and want to free it from stock limitations. So if I tune it to stage 2 and up does this make the car die fast. Because I want to unleash the beast but I also want to keep this car for many more years. I baby the car with proper maintanance and quality products/fuel. And will continue to do so.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

Got a lot of answers I see. I am no expert but the more power your motor produces with the same "grade" of parts the more force they have to withstand which will result in faster wear of "stock" parts. Top fuel dragsters will often undergo a complete rebuild after no more than two or three races. If you achieve your performance increases by upgrading to high performance parts like heads, valves, cams and such then you may not see reduced longevity but if you create more horsepower with the same mechanical components then yes you will see increase wear on some of those components. You can combat this increased wear by performing certain aspects of your maintenance at more frequent intervals. Changing your oil, tranny fluid, and filters more often would be a good idea. Upgrading your timing belt and other peripheral components would be a good idea also. Any failure you have at higher power and speed levels will result in more damage. If you break something while at idle it may not damage much but break it at the red line and....