Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE: Need some advice...not familiar with Audi's

Old 04-14-2010, 10:39 PM
1st Gear
Wink UPDATE: Need some advice...not familiar with Audi's

Well the car is a piece of garbage. I am posting this just cause I found humor in the research I did and all the questions was for nothing, well not nothing. But here goes.
So I met up with him by a gas station by my house (didn't want a craigslist person coming over)LOL uhm ok and he shows up and jumps out of the car and starts looking over my stang. At that moment I knew something was up. I showed him the car and pointed out the one flaw on my car with the dash (nick) and he goes well let me give you a run through on my car. By looking at the exterior on the right side it looked good. As I made my way around I noticed a few nick, dents, bumper and paint issues. I was like ok ...I shouldn't expect perfection so I let him continue. He opens th door, and I looked inside and I noticed the tear in the seat, what should be sand leather is ruined from pen explosions, dirt, and I don't know what. But he remains optimistic and asked to drive my car. So I was like WTF let me drive it and see how bad of a car it is. It wasn't horrible till I tried to roll down the passenger window. Big Big mistake...it fell LOL So now I am thinking what the hell ....I took it out to the road and floored it to see if I can hear anything and nothing ...it was pretty sound engine wise but the alignment was screwed and I swear he hit something. It was a joke. Seeing my car next to his I fell in love with my mustang all over again. LOL
But I will say I like the luxury of Audi's the car was like sitting in a couch and just wrapped around me ... that was nice and I am sure that when I am finished with nursing school I will have to test drive a new one to see how one really drives. I want to thank everyone for their help and I appreciate all the responses, even the ones I didn't want to hear out loud but knew in my heart it wasn't right. Thanks again everyone and I will be coming back to this group in the next year when I am buying a new Audi. TTYS

Old 04-14-2010, 11:19 PM
2nd Gear
Thumbs up

Good to hear you have a good head on your shoulders and did not let emotions cloud your judgment.
This was not the car for you with all its flaws and lack of proper care.
Best of luck with nursing school!

Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 AM
3rd Gear

Did I join the party a little to late? Cause what the hell are you talking about?

Old 04-15-2010, 01:22 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Jeffla
Did I join the party a little to late? Cause what the hell are you talking about?
EDIT: found the party.

FWIW, Minivans were designed with you in mind I think few people buy them because they want to, I think most people realize they are the best fit for their needs at this time in their life.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:24 AM
1st Gear

I'm glad to hear this in several ways.

I'm glad that our advice assisted. I'm glad you like Audis. I'm glad you are going to take a look at them again after school (good luck, BTW). And I'm MOST glad, you didn't get taken. Kid sounds like a bum.

As far as the suspension goes - may not have hit something, other than a giant pothole. It's good that you avoided this car, b/c tracking down suspension issues and replacing parts can get expensive fast. Not necessarily worth mentioning, as it's not really that common a problem, except for Allroads, which is why I didn't in the other thread.

Hope to see you back soon!

Old 04-15-2010, 01:05 PM
3rd Gear

EDIT: found the party.

FWIW, Minivans were designed with you in mind I think few people buy them because they want to, I think most people realize they are the best fit for their needs at this time in their life.
Be nice to the minivan people..... I have two.

One for my daughter who is carting 4 kids around and another for my wife who wants enough room to cart everyone around. They are better than the SUV. The seats on the 2007 fold into the floor to give instant room for furnature, bicycles and other fun things.

I like the truck driver view of passing cars ( those in the know will understand that) and they travel all day at 75-80 mph without a problem.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:30 PM
2nd Gear

Wow what a story. Talk about a strange guy, I think if the first thing someone did when they hopped out of their car was eyeball mine I would be totally weirded out. I wonder if he would sell me that bucket of bolts for 2 grand. I could use a parts audi lol

Good luck with school! Enjoy the stag while you can, I'm a fan but in colorado having one is like walking to work through a weather minefield

Old 04-15-2010, 11:11 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by NH_USA
Be nice to the minivan people..... I have two.

One for my daughter who is carting 4 kids around and another for my wife who wants enough room to cart everyone around. They are better than the SUV. The seats on the 2007 fold into the floor to give instant room for furnature, bicycles and other fun things.

I like the truck driver view of passing cars ( those in the know will understand that) and they travel all day at 75-80 mph without a problem.
Ok, just between you and me....so keep this a secret... I have always wanted a Honda Odyssey. Ever since I got my drivers license, I have longed for a minivan. 1st it was a Caravan, then the Odyssey. So I have a compromise with my wagon. A minivan is just too big for me, myself and me.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:09 AM
1st Gear

Thanks everyone again for all your help.. and responses ... oh i forgot to mention finding 4 bottles of pills in the guys car ... he was a total tool. I am just glad with everyones help I was able to recognize some of the cars isssues before they became my issues. Well I look forward to being apart of this group soon. I wish everyone luck in their Audi's ....TTYS

Old 04-16-2010, 07:12 PM
3rd Gear

Ok, just between you and me....so keep this a secret... I have always wanted a Honda Odyssey. Ever since I got my drivers license, I have longed for a minivan. 1st it was a Caravan, then the Odyssey. So I have a compromise with my wagon. A minivan is just too big for me, myself and me.

Minivan lust??
I remember the old days when I had a 49 chevy sedan delivery with a 59 409 motor, 4-speed, American mags, and a carpet in the back. It was great! All that room and comfort. We used the spare tire well to hold the ice and refreshments --- (I will not explain what happened in the back except to say it was a popular place.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UPDATE: Need some advice...not familiar with Audi's