Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Velocity RS4 Replica Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 04:21 PM
3rd Gear
Default Velocity RS4 Replica Rims

I've been a advocate of these "cheaper" rims for some time, so a confession about quality is due. Last weekend I detailed my A6 including removing the wheels and cleaning/waxing them. During my inspection I found about 3/4" of paint had chipped off the inside of one spoke. This did not look like rock damage, but as if it flaked off.

Not sure it's related, but I hear a pinging noise at low speedfrom these rims that I don't hear with my OEM rims. At first I thought it was something in the suspension, but when I swapped back to the OEM rims last fall it went away. I noticed it again after I swapped the Velocities back on. I'm a little concerned that one wheel may be flexing and making this noise - I just hope I don't encounter metal failure. I'll be keeping a close eye on the spoke that chipped in case that's where the wheel is flexing and it caused the paint to come off. I covered the bare metal with some silver touch-up paint and it's not noticeable.

Maybe you do get what you pay for. I'm willing to admit I made a mistake if it turns out these rims have problems.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Velocity RS4 Replica Rims

just consider what the material is you are buying. Since these are wheels, solid metal, the price should reflect quality in some way. Metal costs the same around the world (at the same given time) and if one company is manufacturing wheels for a highly reduced rate its most likely because corners are being cut somehow. Whether those corners are in the finishing process, the preinspection of the metals, etc etc...theres a reason they are able to sell you the product at a reduced rate.

I've looked at velocity's wheels, they look fantastic, but the price has always scared me. Its understandable why someone would buy them though, I considered it just to get some better looking wheels on the car, but Ill be buying Hartmann replicas once i can afford them.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:24 PM
1st Gear

I agree with Slurm if the price seems to good to be true it probabaly is. Alittle of topic though, Slurm what is the difference between the A6 s-line and the regular A6?

Old 04-09-2008, 09:32 PM
1st Gear

S-line gives you the "Sline" Badging, rear spoiler, lower suspension, and 15 more HP....may be more, but im not sure

Old 04-09-2008, 09:35 PM
1st Gear

How disappointing. I was really wanting these for my A6. . I love how the Velocities aren't as flat as other replicas, it makes them look so much better and the price is great. Anyone know any other companies that make the RS4 replica rim other than Hartmann?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:53 PM
1st Gear

I was initially looking at Velocity but I am glad that they all went out of stock and I ended up buying Hartmann RS4 replica. They look awesome...GMP performance was running sale so i got a good deal on them.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:09 AM

i got hartmann b7 rs4 reps too. i'm very happy with them. although, i've only had them on for a month or so.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:12 AM

To me it seems that Hartmann is the way to go. I have seen many people running them and they are love it.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:09 AM
1st Gear

We have some happy campers who have velocity but I dont think we have a long term reviews/feedback on these wheels.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:21 AM
3rd Gear

I assumed the low Velocity prices were due to the slave wages they pay imprisoned Tibetans to work in the Chinese sweatshops, not due to the price of material.

I'm also careful not to lick these rims as I don't want to get lead poisoning.

Seriously, what do a set of Hartmann's cost these days? I paid $700 for my Velocities including shipping last summer.

Quick Reply: Velocity RS4 Replica Rims