Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warm weather package

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:09 PM
1st Gear
Question warm weather package

Greetings,

I have a 2001 Allroad, 110K, with all the options.

One option is called the Warm Weather Package, factory installed. The sunroof is actually a solar panel, although you would have to look closely to notice the difference. The solar panels operate when the car parked and will then operate the interior vents to keep the interior cool. You will notice it when your car is parked for a period of time in the sun, and the interior does not get too hot.

Last summer, I noticed the cabin was hot, just as any car would be without the WWP. Unfortunately, no one at the dealership is fimiliar with this option and could not give me any advice on what is wrong and how to correct the problem.

I tapped a friend of mine is in wind and solar energy. He did not know why it wasnt wroking, however, he mentioned that solar panel will not go bad unless it is damaged (which it is not).

Anyone who has any advice?

thanks in advance for all your help.

Pete
01 Allroad 6sp man 110K
71 VW Ghia convertible 2200cc

Old 03-18-2009, 03:33 PM
2nd Gear

Well an electrical problem on an Audi isn't exactly rare. There could be a bajillion things wrong with it. Could be the fan motor, fan connections, solar panel, solar panel connections, wires, circuitry (to decide when to turn on fans), etc.

Generally the small electrical problems in these cars are a PAIN to fix because of the complexity of the systems. Perhaps you can check the connections of the devices, even though this means taking a lot of things apart.