Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to do (turbo not kicking in)

Old 04-19-2008, 05:08 PM
1st Gear
Default what to do (turbo not kicking in)

Well I can hear that turbo dentist drill noise after about 15 minutes of driving, and I'm not feeling a big kick when I used to. Sometimes if I turn I feel half of the kick, sometimes none at all. It's like the turbo will choke sometimes and I'm just accelerating at constant speed.

On top of that, I have low throttle response. This also groups up with the weak kick, making the car feel much slower.

What could this be? Turbo failure? New spark plugs? just a tune up?

thanks

Old 04-19-2008, 07:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: what to do (turbo not kicking in)

Project,
It hurts hearing this because its just a real sucky situation to be in.
I was on your last post about this and it seems we both have this similar problem. I've been very concerned the past few days and I pray they don't blow on me.
The only difference is mine isn't making the dentist drill sound. I've been thinking a lot about the possible things that could be the blame for the loss of power.
You mentioned gas and I know I have 2 CEL codes on my car but no CEL ( P1136, P1138) They are system banks 1 & 2 too lean. I thought maybe that could be the culprit for me. Get your car scanned and see if you have any codes. I also questioned Cylinder misfire and the spark plugs. But the dentist drill sound is not good at all. I hope everything works out for you.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Old 04-19-2008, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

Thank you for the detailed response

I actually have a warranty, and for the next month there is no service charge whatsoever. So if I find out what's wrong, I can get it replaced. I could get the turbo replaced. I only get the drill sound after 15 minutes of driving as I mentioned, so I'm just trying to find out if there is a way to pin point the problem to get it fixed.

Thanks

Old 04-19-2008, 08:05 PM
1st Gear

I wish I got the warranty now!!

Im jealous.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

haha yea but they don't cover break pads

Old 04-20-2008, 10:53 PM
1st Gear

[sm=sigh.gif]

Even though this might not help out your situation projectI fell like i should put this up.

I woke up this morning thinking about this problem like the newb I am and I thought, MAYBBE THE TURBOS ARENT GETTING ENOUGH AIR/BOOST!!!

So today I looked it over a bit and saw my TBB was alil loose so I tightened it and it does feel some what better. [sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-20-2008, 11:15 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: GDET09

[sm=sigh.gif]

Even though this might not help out your situation projectI fell like i should put this up.

I woke up this morning thinking about this problem like the newb I am and I thought, MAYBBE THE TURBOS ARENT GETTING ENOUGH AIR/BOOST!!!

So today I looked it over a bit and saw my TBB was alil loose so I tightened it and it does feel some what better. [sm=smiley4.gif]
Was it just loose or did it start failing? Time for a Samco, maybe...?
I just installed mine today, along with new 710n DVs, and went for a test drive after reprograming the Tip to keep in 1st to redline.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:50 AM
2nd Gear

i want a waranty for my 2002 a6 2.7 q ... what waranty company do you use

Old 04-21-2008, 08:23 PM
1st Gear

I just have a third party warranty with the dealership, I'm not exactly sure on what it is sorry

Well I'll see if I can tighten anything up, I do get the feeling of lack of air sometimes

But I'm gonna go and see what's wrong later this week

Thanks

Old 04-21-2008, 08:57 PM
2nd Gear

no i was asking what company is was with because i want to get one?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what to do (turbo not kicking in)