Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to do and what are my rights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:49 PM
1st Gear
Default what to do and what are my rights?

my 01 audi a6 2.7t w/ 46k miles is going back for the 6th time and going on the 3rd month.

1st time- replaced coolant sensor, trans seal, supposedly fixed oil leak
2nd time- replaced torque converter, replaced turbo return line
3rd time- replaced crush washer )supposedly the cause of the oil leak
4th time- replaced upper oil pan with all seals and gaskets
5th time- replaced valve cover gasket, seals etc

i am taking it back b/c there is still leaking coming from the driver subframe area. the service manager said that a loaner would not be available until monday. as you can imagine this is extremely frustrating.do i have any rights as far as the ongoing repairs? what would any of you do if this kind of thing happened to you?

I have reported it to the corporate center and they said they would like to see the diagnosis before they say or do anything. any advice would be great.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: what to do and what are my rights?

What diagnosis are you referring to? The 5 times the car was serviced or when the oil leak is fixed. Probably whenthe oil leak is fixed. Did you just purchase the car from the dealership? Is it covered under warranty? If it's not costing you any out-of-pocket and they are trying to fix or remedy the problem there's not much you can do. I should start billing you guys. When they saytheres nothing more that they can do, and problem is still not fixed, then you're options are open.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

i purchased the car august 06 from an infiniti dealer that happens to be next to the audi dealer.i am the 2nd owner. i have an aftermarket warranty that is covering the repairs. they send out an inspector now b/c of the total cost of repairs.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Site Moderator

Right, the dealer is playing hardball with you. They are changing the repair for an oil leak for three seperate things. Now if you were to go in for a leaking upper oil pan (example) three times and its still leaking then there is grounds for a potential buy back, or the lemon law would apply depending on what state you are in.
Since they keep changing the repair, the dealer is safe from anyone accusing them of foul play.
Hence an investigation about it will be un-likely.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

what do they do regarding a buy back. how would the fact that my car is6 yrs old and 46k miles come into play?

Old 10-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Site Moderator

How long has it been since you bought it and how many miles did you put on her?

Old 10-10-2007, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

bought in aug 06 and put on ~7k miles since ownership.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Site Moderator

Oh yeah you could get it bought back from the dealer at that amount of mileage. 20k is kinda like the moral limit. Just explain to the dealer that all you had was problems with the car, have to constantly take it in for repairs that are never fixed, and i never even get to drive it!
If they don't feel the same way, take it up with audi of north america.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 PM
1st Gear

what kind of value do they give on a buy back? when you say the dealer you mean the audi dealer performing the reapirs, correct?

Old 10-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah the dealer that you bought the vehicle from is the one that will handle the buy back procedure.
You should expect to get back almost all of the money you paid for it, especially if it has an extended warranty or CPO warranty.

Quick Reply: what to do and what are my rights?