Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the best exhaust tip to use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:30 PM
1st Gear
Default What's the best exhaust tip to use?

I had my 01 a6 4.2 rear bumper replaced with the 02 rear bumper. Now I have the ugly curved exhaust ports. Wondering what other exhaust tips audi owners have used?

Looking to find something that looks like stock exhaust ports. Part numbers are great!

Thank you in advance

Old 04-28-2007, 08:05 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What's the best exhaust tip to use?

i know that the rs6 exhaust tips are oval shaped if i remember right.....hmm...my memory fails me, it might actually be the miltek exhaust. in either case, one of them has oval tips, which look pretty good with the oval cutouts in the rear valence.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:21 PM

LLTek makes a conversion kit, you could just get the tips and extensions if you like them.

Or do a search, there was some traffic about a set of magnaflow tips that people liked.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:41 PM
2nd Gear

I just bought the magnaflow 4" double walled angle cut stainless steel tips. They have a 2.25 inlet and will be welded to the stock mufflers. Havent found a pair of Muffs that look fit well andhide under the backend..Anybody got suggestions? Those tips look real hot...

Old 04-28-2007, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

PRBAYHA. I think it is the same set-up with my 2.7T with the stock muffs being at a slight angle and putting aftermarket mufflers are slightly visible from the side. Im having pipes bent next week and some magnaflow installed. I also have to cut holes since ive got the 01 and cant justify spending upwards of 1k for a 02 bumper. Magnaflow makes a round 4, 5 and 6in,I was advisedby someone who wentwith the 6in that the end product was very good and not visible.What i waswonderingis if the different volume will chang the tone of the exhaust?.AUDI6MIN, there are plenty of tips out there, just go to magnaflow.com and take your pick. There are alot that will make your rear end look like a stock 02+. it just up to you what you want to go for. personally im looking for a round piggy pipes and not having very good luck. any one out there seen something?

Old 04-29-2007, 02:25 AM

Flowmaster Hushpower IIs look to be a good fit, but you still would need to have pipe bent to get the angle right and have them properly tucked in there. Mufflers with integrated tips are all going to be exposed. I think OBX makes a unit with the tip offset toward the bottom of the canister..but still....

As for tips, Last time I was at verocious motorsports (dot com) they had a decent selection.