Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats going on? Lurching at slow speed, when I start the A6 after a long time 6hr

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 06:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Whats going on? Lurching at slow speed, when I start the A6 after a long time 6hr

Basically in the morning when I start my 2009 A6 the engine is appearing to have trouble accelerating smoothly, Lurching at slow speed (school zone speeds for 5 minutes) after starting the car.

If I start the car> put it in manual> let the engine rev higher then the automatic ratio the problem ceases.

after driving for 5 minutes it goes away.

Someone said its the transmission but, it is only happens after aprox 5 hours of engine not running.

I was thinking injector system, spark plug system or fuel filter but, I do not want to dump a bunch of money in to the car for no reason, plus I do not have the space to do all this my self. I use high octane fuel.

Has anyone here experience this?

Old 10-20-2015, 09:46 PM
2nd Gear

Sounds to me like the car is struggling to determine the right ratio of fuel to air to utilize until it's warmed up.

This could be from a vacuum leak that doesn't really "seal" until the engine is warm and things have expanded a bit, bad O2 sensor(s), or potentially a secondary air injection system that's acting up and isn't heating the cats properly during a cold start.

Problems like this are sometimes difficult to diagnose without the proper scan tools.

If you aren't seeing a check engine light I would think no matter how you approach this situation you're more or less going to be throwing parts (and money) at it until you get the lucky winner.

Best bet would to have a shop at least diagnose it for you and determine how much they want for the repair. If it's too much you can say no thanks and pay them their diagnosis fee and do it yourself.