Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WindowS issue again! :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 05:29 PM
2nd Gear
Default WindowS issue again! :(

Well about a year ago, my rear driver side window would not come back up all the way. It would come up half way and then go back down... Dealership fixed the problem under warranty replacing the regulator and two plastic guides I believe but I cannot find the invoice with part #s and descriptions.

Yesterday morning as every morning... I have a "bad" habit to roll down all 4 windows to get the film of water from the dew so i can see and back out right away.
The TWO rear windows did NOT come back up, I was pissed. I noticed that they'd go up 1/2 way and then stop... but as they went up they would slightly tilt to the side toward the rear of the car, then go back down. I had to push the up button again and at the same time as the window would start coming up, quickly pull up and slightly push the window forward a little, and then it owuld go all the way up! So now I am leaving it up until fixed. As in the past, it seems to occur when the temperature is colder, does not do it 100% of times.
Funny enough, when it happened lost year, I took it to the dealer and they could not replicate the problem so they agve me the car back, I had to take it there again when the problem reoccured the following morning. I told them I WOUD NOT pick up the car NOR return the loaner until they resoleved the issue. They ended up keeping the car two nights because the ext day they would not try early enough in the morning, they woudl test it when the temprature had already warmed up. They finaly tried first thing and sure enough it occured.

Does this suond weird to you?
I am guessing this time it is the plastic guides again, maybe the regulator but **** how long do these last!!? The rear driver side one as chnaged last year as I mentioned above!!!

Anyone knows the part # and price? I am thinking of buying the parts and doing it myelf.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:30 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: WindowS issue again! :(

Oh and did I mention how freaking annoying it is to have window, coil pack, water pump and other stupid issues on a German engineered 45k car!

Old 11-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Site Moderator

The rear window regulators aren't very durable, the clips only last so long, even less if you roll them all the way down every morning. Next time your having a problem with the window try using the rear window switch to make sure its not the master window switch giving you s***.

Old 11-24-2007, 06:30 PM
2nd Gear

one year seems really bad though, the dealer just replaced on these two last year! and it is weird two of them go the same time. Fr windiws are fine though.
Wonder if my warranty will cover those. If not, do you by any chnace have the parts numbers for both regulators and clips, and where the cheapest place to get them is? I will get the part and do it with a buddy if the warranty does not want to cover. Any upgraded more durabel parts? THX

Old 11-28-2007, 05:30 PM
2nd Gear

Gigi, pardon me for going off the topic, butI just noticed that you are talking about the warranty, so after all the mods your dealer has not done anything to void the warranty? My dealer is very insistent on mods and have voided the warranty of my colleague over the chip, and asked me not to try any of the mods. Just asking.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 PM
2nd Gear

Was not an issue with the Audi warranty and not an issue with my current warranty/shop.
As slong as the issue de snot directly relate to a mod... they's have to prove it is related and it is a lot of troubel go through... but some dealers are mod-friendlier than others

Old 11-29-2007, 05:19 AM
1st Gear

hey there, i am having the same issue with my driver window, however its the a6 b4 urs ,but it also only comes halfway up then goes down again, but only at certain times,i have stripped the door myself but all seems fine.lemme know if u became any wiser to the fault.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:06 PM
2nd Gear

Oh I know what it is as it is not the first time

I am just wondering if there are upgraded parts to avoid ahving to do this again in a year!!!

Change your regulator and platic clips.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

I have the same issue with my rear window on the '04 A6.
From what I heard the rears do not have the same clips the front have and
you may need to replace the whole unit for the rear. Also cables go bad and can not be replaced separately.
Of course all this is not fact, just what I have been reading.
If you have a warranty - go for it. If not, wait til I take my panels off and see what I find....

Old 11-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Site Moderator

Correct you have to replace the entire window regulator on the rear windows on an A6. There aren't any upgraded clips, warranty should cover the replacement of the regulator.

Quick Reply: WindowS issue again! :(